GDT: #38|Pens vs. Bruins|Sat, April 3-2021|1:00PM EST|TDG|Cereal Killer...Green Jello Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

TOUCAN Son of SID

Game Center

NJrh2Px.gif

Last Game

Game Lineups
*Subject to Change*

:pens

FORWARDS

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Rodrigues
Aston ~ Reese - Gaudreau - Tanev
Lafferty - Jankowski - Angello

DEFENSE

Dumoulin - Letang
Matheson - Ceci
Pettersson - Marino

GOALIES

DeSmith - Lagace

:bruins
"Friday practice lineup"

FORWARDS

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Craig Smith
Nick Ritchie - David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Anders Bjork - Sean Kuraly - Charlie Coyle
Trent Frederic - Jack Studnicka - Zach Senyshyn/Chris Wagner

DEFENSEMEN

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
Jeremy Lauzon - Kevan Miller
Jakub Zboril - Steven Kampfer
Jarred Tinordi - Connor Clifton

GOALIES

Jaroslav Halak

Daniel Vladar
Callum Booth

c9c86c88ba116ded5929b76367cdf5b16f83b667.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was optimistic last game, but after getting embarrassed by the Pens in a pretty sloppy game for them, I see the Bs coming out like gang busters and pulling out a win...hope I’m wrong...I just want the Pens not to have a let down and play hard, regardless of the outcome...

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Wonder if Boston will keep Pasta on the second and use a revolving door strategy on the first again?

That really helped us in the last one I think. You know why they do, because the rely way too much on that first line to always get it done, but it doesn’t really seem to work for them otherwise.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
WHY THE f*** ARE WE STILL PLAYING JUNKOWSKI???????

Sully can’t be that stupid...if Blueger is ready and activated, then he’ll be out of the lineup...of course, Sully did play Jack Johnson as often as he could lol

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I hope we don't get smoked, but I figured we were going to get rolled last game. f*** it, let's roll those bitches again, f*** their hurt feerwings. I'm angry right now so let's f***in GOOOO!!!

Tomorrow morning that is.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Remember in the off season how I was ticked we signed him and everyone was like "nooooo he just needs out of Calgary"? Pepperridge farm remembers. :banghead:

Ill take low risk chances like that on former 1st round picks all day, sometimes they work sometimes they dont. Thats reality in the Crosby/Malkin era. You got to fish for guys like that when you dont have picks.

Not a bad try at all.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Ill take low risk chances like that on former 1st round picks all day, sometimes they work sometimes they dont. Thats reality in the Crosby/Malkin era. You got to fish for guys like that when you dont have picks.

Not a bad try at all.

I agree. At that cap-hit such gambles are low risk high reward. Just have to be ready to walk away if it doesn’t work.

Anyway - we have two C’s out and Freddy playing 3C. Sully believes Janks is insurance as he is at least defensively solid. Can’t blame him too much away to Boston. At home to Sabres or Devils... would like to see Zohorna.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I agree. At that cap-hit such gambles are low risk high reward. Just have to be ready to walk away if it doesn’t work.

It’s not working with Jank but he continues to play every game. I was told he would be buried if he sucked...

Sooooo?

Reactions: Bumpus

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
It’s not working with Jank but he continues to play every game. I was told he would be buried if he sucked...

Sooooo?

Injuries......You can say Zohorna etc but hes played 1 NHL game and I am sure they still see some things they want him to develop to get to the next level.

Not to worried about it, I mean if you want to nitpick at this stage I guess but weve been making a nice run here lately

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Injuries......You can say Zohorna etc but hes played 1 NHL game and I am sure they still see some things they want him to develop to get to the next level.

Not to worried about it, I mean if you want to nitpick at this stage I guess but weve been making a nice run here lately
2 NHL games. Hope they told him he should hit things hard like Ryback would say.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Sooooo?

Depends on that special component you have in very short supply... perspective :).

I agree that Janks has been really bad and I want him to be the first guy to come off the team.
But lately he has been doing what Sully wants, and even if he has been jumped by Gaudreau, Sully wants a defense first C rather than Zohorna.
If he stays in over say... Angello... when Blue returns... or even Lafferty on current form... I will be there with you complaining.

What is true IMO is that he should have sat earlier in the season when we were not going and he was bringing down everyone he played with.
Now, at 7-9 minutes per night, while keeping it safe and boring... its an eyesore I can live with until another C is ready.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh, God. An Afternoon game. I was all ready for an evening game and now I don't know if I can catch this one.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
TOUCAN Son of SID
Game Center

NJrh2Px.gif

Last Game

Game Lineups
*Subject to Change*

:pens

FORWARDS

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Rodrigues
Aston - Reese - Gaudreau - Tanev
Lafferty - Jankowski - Angello

DEFENSE

Dumoulin - Letang
Matheson - Ceci
Pettersson - Marino

GOALIES

DeSmith - Jarry

:bruins
"Friday practice lineup"

FORWARDS

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Craig Smith
Nick Ritchie - David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Anders Bjork - Sean Kuraly - Charlie Coyle
Trent Frederic - Jack Studnicka - Zach Senyshyn/Chris Wagner

DEFENSEMEN

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
Jeremy Lauzon - Kevan Miller
Jakub Zboril - Steven Kampfer
Jarred Tinordi - Connor Clifton

GOALIES

Jaroslav Halak

Daniel Vladar
Callum Booth

c9c86c88ba116ded5929b76367cdf5b16f83b667.gif

Hope the league doesn't realize we're playing four guys on our third line!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Not a bad try at all.

Agreed. Except Jankowski should never have been a 1st round pick. Calgary picking him was like us picking Pouliot at 9 - it was an awful decision the moment the words came out of the GMs mouth and everyone but the GM knew it. He needs to kiss Jay Feaster on the mouth, because if the guy was picked where he was supposed to go, he would have never sniffed one NHL game, let alone almost 250. I do not honestly remember such a bland hockey player that had a bit of value. He's good defensively, but doesn't move the needle at all in any other aspect of his game, which is unfortunate when you're 6'4, 215 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->