Prospect Info: #38, Gustav Lindstrom

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Funny how that scoring goes at Frölunda. I haven't seen the games, but looks like the defence isn't scoring much there on SEL games. One guy (Genoway with 13 points) and Sigalet with 10 points. But they have high stats from CHL games.

Lindström has 2+4= 6 points in 11 Champions Hockey league games. 3+3=6 points in SEL games.

If you merge those stats together:

1. Chay Genoway, 46 games, 8+21 = 29 points, 21:20 AVG IT
2. Jonathan Sigalet, 46 games, 7+10 = 17 points, 21:20 AVG IT
3. Gustav Lindström, 45 games, 5+7 = 12 points, 18:45 AVG IT
4. Anders Grönlund, 42 games, 2+2 = 4 points, 16:11 AVG IT
4. Viktro Ekbom, 39 games, 1+4 = 5 points, 16:06 AVG IT

Clearly he is the 3rd defenceman on the team. Chay Genoway seems to be the 1st PP quarterback and Lindström maybe is getting some secondary minutes there?

Hey Swedes, please inform. I'm just data-guessing these things.

Last edited:

Christien

May 1, 2010
Any updates on Lindstrom? Looks like he isnt transitioning well
He’s been really good. First few games he didn’t look as good as he does now, but over the past 5 games he’s been a difference maker out there looking like one of the best defensemen the Griffins have, along with Seider.

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
He’s been really good. First few games he didn’t look as good as he does now, but over the past 5 games he’s been a difference maker out there looking like one of the best defensemen the Griffins have, along with Seider.

Hmm, okay okay. I have him in a keeper league and was checking up and looked like he wasnt transitioning well to the AHL (in terms of points). Wasn't sure if i should give him another year or drop him

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hmm, okay okay. I have him in a keeper league and was checking up and looked like he wasnt transitioning well to the AHL (in terms of points). Wasn't sure if i should give him another year or drop him
I’d give him some time. I don’t think he’s going to be a guy who puts up a ton of points, but he’s been making some really great plays defensively and he’s had some good opportunities to put the puck in the back of the net. His awareness in the o zone has actually really surprised me.

Reactions: phillydownsouth

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
I’d give him some time. I don’t think he’s going to be a guy who puts up a ton of points, but he’s been making some really great plays defensively and he’s had some good opportunities to put the puck in the back of the net. His awareness in the o zone has actually really surprised me.

What do you think his potential is?

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
I think he could be a good defensive minded 2nd pairing defenseman who can log a lot of ice time, block a lot of shots, and kill penalties. Maybe like 20 points? Hard to tell how many points he’ll put up

Fair enough. I have him and McIsaac. Some how got stuck with the detroit prospects ;)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He's not an offensive defenseman. He had 6 points in the SHL last year. IIRC when he was drafted he was a seen as a responsible player with a good first pass.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
When you didn't notice him at all (as a defensive defenceman), guy has played a good game.

This. Other than the penalty he took he just made the right plays. Nothing fancy, just got his head up moved the puck and played well defensively in his own zone. I'll take that all day.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This. Other than the penalty he took he just made the right plays. Nothing fancy, just got his head up moved the puck and played well defensively in his own zone. I'll take that all day.
sounds like medicine to RW

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He was very solid last night. No way he deserved to get sat for the last while of the game when Daley was munching minutes. Only reason the game got to OT was because Trevor Daley is a complete train wreck. Only D-men I want on the team next year from the current staff are:

hronek
Nemeth
DK

cholo, lindstrom, Seider, mccisac should all be given opportunities to make it.

Reactions: lilidk

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He was very solid last night. No way he deserved to get sat for the last while of the game when Daley was munching minutes. Only reason the game got to OT was because Trevor Daley is a complete train wreck. Only D-men I want on the team next year from the current staff are:

hronek
Nemeth
DK

cholo, lindstrom, Seider, mccisac should all be given opportunities to make it.

I would take DK off that list for contract purposes. I am okay with him being a second or third pairing but the problem is his overpayment eating up top pairing cap. It should be a non-issue though since its only 2 more seasons after this one and the wings shouldn't be in cap trouble by then. But if someone was willing to take that contract away and we got a overpayment return I would send him and his holland contract packing. I doubt he re-signs here when his new contract offer gets dialed back to reality.

I also don't like the way he never filled out. He has a good size for a D but he still looks like a stick boy on the ice. He doesn't do anything special enough to overshadow his averageness and limitations. And overpaid on top of that.

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
I would take DK off that list for contract purposes. I am okay with him being a second or third pairing but the problem is his overpayment eating up top pairing cap. It should be a non-issue though since its only 2 more seasons after this one and the wings shouldn't be in cap trouble by then. But if someone was willing to take that contract away and we got a overpayment return I would send him and his holland contract packing. I doubt he re-signs here when his new contract offer gets dialed back to reality.

I also don't like the way he never filled out. He has a good size for a D but he still looks like a stick boy on the ice. He doesn't do anything special enough to overshadow his averageness and limitations. And overpaid on top of that.

DDK's cap is not a problem in the slightest over the next 2 years.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad