GDT: #38 Dallas Stars host Calgary Flames Sunday Dec 22nd 5:00 MT / 6:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I have been holding this back but here goes. I know alot of you didnt care for Monty but he seemed to have straightened out alot of the failing systems of the team before. I would have not cared if he was fired for a poor on ice performance but to fire him for so far what looks to be a phantom reason is complete BS. At this point i would have rather had the team continue the 1-7-1 start and flop the season so we atleast have a reason to have a lack of direction. Through all the years of everyone flaming on about Jim Nill, i have liked him until this point. Since Monty was the last chance for Nill and Monty is gone, Nill should be out now also.
I was a big fan of Monty , he seemed to be really coming into his own as a coach this year . There’s not many coaches who put as much into it as he did . There were some major rough patches but it seemed like we were at a point where he had for the most part figured out how to coach this team finally and boom , fired . The players don’t seem to believe as much now that he’s gone . They probably tell themselves they do but deep down they just don’t have the confidence. Also it’s a tough position for bowness because everyone’s saying they just need to keep doing the same thing they were when Monty was there but the thing is Monty was constantly adjusting things . I don’t think bowness has a clue what to do with this team right now . Hopefully the players figure it out on there own .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This break will be the first time the new coaching staff has some time off to talk things out and make some changes. Monty was fired on a game day and ever since it there weren't any longer breaks. Hell there was even several back to backs and 3 in 4's .

For some reason after the break instantly has another flipping back to back

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I have been holding this back but here goes. I know alot of you didnt care for Monty but he seemed to have straightened out alot of the failing systems of the team before. I would have not cared if he was fired for a poor on ice performance but to fire him for so far what looks to be a phantom reason is complete BS. At this point i would have rather had the team continue the 1-7-1 start and flop the season so we atleast have a reason to have a lack of direction. Through all the years of everyone flaming on about Jim Nill, i have liked him until this point. Since Monty was the last chance for Nill and Monty is gone, Nill should be out now also.
Phantom BS reason? Really? Just because we don’t know the reason, it doesn’t mean there wasn’t a reason and it doesn’t mean it was a BS reason either. I get being frustrated with the firing but we have no reason to think it was a BS reason.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Phantom BS reason? Really? Just because we don’t know the reason, it doesn’t mean there wasn’t a reason and it doesn’t mean it was a BS reason either. I get being frustrated with the firing but we have no reason to think it was a BS reason.
Considering they fired him for cause to cut off paying out his contract, if this was a phantom firing, Monty would be getting ready to sue the Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Considering they fired him for cause to cut off paying out his contract, if this was a phantom firing, Monty would be getting ready to sue the Stars.

Yeah considering we haven't heart peep from Monty and he's not getting a dime i doubt this was some random phantom BS . It must've been something that would've looked awful on the Stars . Seems like a decision of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Fire the coach and possibly disrupt the team or do nothing face public scrutinity when it comes out and disrupt the team then. To me this seems like whoever came forward to Nill with whatever happened gave the Stars that choice. Either you remove Monty or you will have to deal with the fallout when i make public what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuola

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
According to multiple sources , it wasn’t that bad what he did and might still have a job if it happened during the off-season . I doubt it was a bs reason but it sounds like it could be somewhat controversial.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
According to multiple sources , it wasn’t that bad what he did and might still have a job if it happened during the off-season . I doubt it was a bs reason but it sounds like it could be somewhat controversial.

What sources?

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Meh . Pretty much all of those "sources" from rumor mills and podcasts looking for clicks. IRC Shapiro had a quote about he wasn't in the business of spreading unsubstitiated rumors to generate attention and clicks unlike some other media members and more than indirectly meant Bissonnette and the Spitting Chicklets podcast with that.

Either say what it is or keeping your mouth shut completely. All this beating around the bush nonsense isn't helpful. Doesn't even mean he actually knew anything .

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
What sources?
Bissonette and some other reporter I forget his name . They didn’t say what he did . Just that they know what he did . Bissonette said the part about him not losing his job if it happened in the summer . The reporter said he did something that a lot of us have done , including himself .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Meh . Pretty much all of those "sources" from rumor mills and podcasts looking for clicks. IRC Shapiro had a quote about he wasn't in the business of spreading unsubstitiated rumors to generate attention and clicks unlike some other media members and more than indirectly meant Bissonnette and the Spitting Chicklets podcast with that.

Either say what it is or keeping your mouth shut completely. All this beating around the bush nonsense isn't helpful. Doesn't even mean he actually knew anything .
Idk I doubt he would say stuff like that if he didn’t for sure , know what he did . He could really end up looking like an idiot if he’s way off .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk I doubt he would say stuff like that if he didn’t for sure , know what he did . He could really end up looking like an idiot if he’s way off .

I mean he already did that before. Not like he has that much credibility to begin with. Spittin Chicklits is more of a fun hockey podcast and not serious anway. He may have heard some rumors but he has absolutely not substantiated proof of anything and without that you should just stay silent.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Bissonette and some other reporter I forget his name . They didn’t say what he did . Just that they know what he did . Bissonette said the part about him not losing his job if it happened in the summer . The reporter said he did something that a lot of us have done , including himself .

These aren’t reputable sources.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Biz doesn't know shit. "I know the info but I don't want to become an insider and leak it" .. lmfao ok dude you are the biggest media fandom f*** who would love all the attention.

Reactions: Kipper 17

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Biz doesn't know ****. "I know the info but I don't want to become an insider and leak it" .. lmfao ok dude you are the biggest media fandom **** who would love all the attention.
Actually what he said was , it’s not hockey related , is his own personal life and it’s none my business or anyone else’s , so I don’t have a right to share what he did . If it was something bad he did like abused a women he would have no problem telling everyone but it’s not . He knows a lot of players and I bet he does knows what happened .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I mean he already did that before. Not like he has that much credibility to begin with. Spittin Chicklits is more of a fun hockey podcast and not serious anway. He may have heard some rumors but he has absolutely not substantiated proof of anything and without that you should just stay silent.
Ya he probably shouldn’t have said anything at all . I do think he knows though . He’s been around and knows a lot of players . Guaranteed a lot of people know what happened , but if it’s not that bad and there wasn’t a victim , no ones going to say anything .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Actually what he said was , it’s not hockey related , is his own personal life and it’s none my business or anyone else’s , so I don’t have a right to share what he did . If it was something bad he did like abused a women he would have no problem telling everyone but it’s not . He knows a lot of players and I bet he does knows what happened .

But Nill didn't tell the players, so how do they know?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How do you know that ?how do you know Monty himself didn’t explain things to a couple of the guys ?

Because that is what Nill and the players said and its 3 weeks later and it still hasn't leaked to any single media outlet..

If people outside of the Dallas core know.. this information was in the media weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad