GDT: #38 Dallas Stars host Calgary Flames Sunday Dec 22nd 5:00 MT / 6:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
This is tough to watch. Still just floors me how veteran this team is and the lack of push back or give a shit at times. I bet they're checked out for the holidays and we'll probably see as much in the 3rd.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pk is terrible tonight but the refs calling random stuff on the Stars certainly didn't help.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Team just can't even complete tap in goals tonight. Comeau wide open going to the net and Oleksiak's pass is right to the goalie

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Maybe we should've signed Zuccarello and just taken the 1st round pick loss. Pavelski is just not an effective player here most nights

Another terrible loss. Just gotta hope this is a holidays thing and they'll get back to normal after the break

Reactions: starsfan86

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Does this team miss Monty?
Since Monty was fired, seven games have been played. Seguin and Radulov have produced good offense, but no one else is doing much of anything.

Pavelski, Hintz, Klingberg, and Gurianov each have three points.
Benn, Faksa, Dickinson, and Perry each have two points.
Heiskanen has one point.
Bishop has a save percentage of .889 with a 3.40 GAA (keep in mind these numbers include a 26 save shutout).

No one else is expected or asked to produce offense, so I'll leave them off. Don't take that to mean I'm hiding someone having a great streak of games. I'm not. No one else has more than three points over these seven games.

Not sure I'd say they miss Monty, but something stinks about this team now. This could be nothing more than a correction to the correction when it comes to them not being as bad as they started the season and not as good as they were during the subsequent win streak.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This team has had too many different voices in leadership. 4 coaches in <4 years now. There’s no consistency.

It doesn’t help that Benn doesn’t seem to be a vocal leader. He’s not some incredibly driven, hard-working guy who is going to give his all every game and call out anyone who isn’t. There is no motivating factor there to drive the players and the team. That’s why they seem so directionless at times.

The team is talented enough for that to carry them to the playoffs, and a bit of luck almost carried us all the way twice. But in the end it hasn’t been enough. There hasn’t been that extra push to get this team over that hump and into bigger successes.

I don’t think this team is going to get there with Benn at the helm anymore. Monty seemed like he might’ve been able to be that force, but he’s gone now. Bowness certainly hasn’t shown anything.

Benn is just too... sluggish and passive of a leader to guide this team far enough. It’s not just him, it really is the whole team culture, but as the captain and as the main important piece throughout this entirety, he takes the brunt of the responsibility for that and for the on-ice product. His own play is a microcosm of that.

I’m getting tired of watching this team get outplayed and relying on talent alone. It’s not fun or entertaining.

How can anyone expect the fans to show passion when even the players don’t?

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
The only problem I see is the same as far as captain. Who would replace Benn. The only people that are viable choices are short timers. And not sure how viable. You hear that Cogliano is good in the room and Pavelski. But are they really options for the C.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
The only problem I see is the same as far as captain. Who would replace Benn. The only people that are viable choices are short timers. And not sure how viable. You hear that Cogliano is good in the room and Pavelski. But are they really options for the C.

Seguin

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Shorterm there's nobody. Longterm there's a few options but those will take some time to take over from Benn. Seguin i don't think is captain material.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I have been holding this back but here goes. I know alot of you didnt care for Monty but he seemed to have straightened out alot of the failing systems of the team before. I would have not cared if he was fired for a poor on ice performance but to fire him for so far what looks to be a phantom reason is complete BS. At this point i would have rather had the team continue the 1-7-1 start and flop the season so we atleast have a reason to have a lack of direction. Through all the years of everyone flaming on about Jim Nill, i have liked him until this point. Since Monty was the last chance for Nill and Monty is gone, Nill should be out now also.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006

I would say run without one. Make somebody stand up and prove they are capable of providing some leadership. Years ago, Benn used to play hard, fight and show he was the leader of the team. Now he seems to think he is a skilled player to valuable to do those same things now. He is not to valuable to lose. Most of here dont even want him on the team anymore.

Reactions: JeffP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->