GDT: [#38] Dallas Stars at Nashville Predators, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Stupidly rushed back too soon. I think pretty much everyone saw this coming.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m expecting nothing. Probably a 5-1 loss with our one goal being a garbage goal in garbage time.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Hanzal is damaged goods. I think the Stars just need to put him on the long-term injured reserve and think about different ways to move on with their business. I have my doubts that he's ever going to be healthy enough to be a productive NHL player again.

It's clear, especially reading Monty's comments today, that the team needs some sort of shake up. While I may be one of the few Jim Nill supporters left in these parts, I'm starting to lose patience that he can't make a move to inject some life and some secondary scoring into the lineup. Last year's "I like the team we've got" move likely kept the team from sneaking into the playoffs and I'm not convinced that Nichushkin or Blake Comeau was the answer to fix the top six. I know trades are tougher to make today than in years past, but I think we need to see some signs that he's willing to step in and help.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hanzal is damaged goods. I think the Stars just need to put him on the long-term injured reserve and think about different ways to move on with their business. I have my doubts that he's ever going to be healthy enough to be a productive NHL player again.

It's clear, especially reading Monty's comments today, that the team needs some sort of shake up. While I may be one of the few Jim Nill supporters left in these parts, I'm starting to lose patience that he can't make a move to inject some life and some secondary scoring into the lineup. Last year's "I like the team we've got" move likely kept the team from sneaking into the playoffs and I'm not convinced that Nichushkin or Blake Comeau was the answer to fix the top six. I know trades are tougher to make today than in years past, but I think we need to see some signs that he's willing to step in and help.
The primary reason they are in this mess is because Nill has been so terrible at drafting. I don't know how anyone could support Nill at this point.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What a hot mess. This organization needs an overhaul man.
I mean, there is no help to be found. They've tried a few things to help the offense, and it hasn't helped at all.

Called Hintz back up - He put up three points in four games and got people excited, but then he did nothing for the next five games and was sent down.

Added Hanzal off of IR - he screened the goalie for a goal his first game and scores in his second. Ok, this is looking good to help the PP, right? Then he puts up all of one assist over the next five games and is hurt again.

Called up Guryanov - Flies around and nabs an assist his first game and shows a lot of flash. Now, he's been up for five games this stretch and has zero goals and two assists.

Ugh. This is a franchise with very little offensive talent.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Deeply worried after hearing what Monty said about the morning skate. Where's the leadership among the players? What the hell is Jamie Benn captain for if he can't do the job and sort the locker room out? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. This attitude problem stinks of player noses out of joint and out of control egos somewhere.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Good on him for calling them out. After last game you could tell he was done ****ing around with this team. He was visibly pissed

I will be skipping the game tonight to watch a movie with my GF. Probably the first time I've ever skipped a game when I could easily watch it. Probably won't miss anything though (although it sucks to skip watching Heiskanen).

Reactions: Blindsummit

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Good on him for calling them out. After last game you could tell he was done ****ing around with this team. He was visibly pissed

I will be skipping the game tonight to watch a movie with my GF. Probably the first time I've ever skipped a game when I could easily watch it. Probably won't miss anything though (although it sucks to skip watching Heiskanen).

I've been having a hard time to get excited for games this year. I find myself tapping the game, and then getting my wife to check the score and give me the thumbs up or down lol

Something needs to be done with this team and the sooner the better

Reactions: Kcb12345

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
After watching Die Hard 1 through 4 again over the last two days, I've decided to watch the game tonight as I want to keep the disaster movie theme going :D

I know, they are not really disaster movies. but Monty does look a bit like Bruce Willis <l>

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Nichushkin, Spezza, Gurianov.. lmfao why

Nichushkin doesnt have the brain for this high paced game

Spezza doesnt have the feet for this high paced game

Gurianov doesnt have the hands for this high paced game

have fun running around in our own zone the entire game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad