Post-Game Talk: #37: FLYERS at Panthers, Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Yep, similar surgery... core issues. It would not surprise me if he bounced back next year, but I dont want the Flyers to be the team to pay him ~$6m or so for 4 years to find out. As great a player as he has been.
Agreed! On the wrong side of his career.

Reactions: Appleyard

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This team needs a shakeup at both Forward and Defense, and they need it soon.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Because I'm not going to do research for someone every time something that should be obvious is challenged.

I only did it this time because I was curious myself about what exactly his even strength production looked like. I knew it was good but this is even better than I thought.
Obvious? A chosen selection of even strength points over a particular stretch is obvious?

Anyways. You could have just said "he's been scoring a ton lately despite his bad season" or something. And reminded me.

You have to admit he does look like a kid who's not ready for 1st line minutes all this season. And it's a little worrying. And we have Ghost and f***ing Provy to worry about and everything else. It's been a genuinely disconcerting year.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Lindblom - Giroux - TK
Laughton- Couturier - Voracek
JVR - Patrick - Raffl
Weise- Varone/Weal - Simmonds

We have a serious problem where we have too many wingers that are minuses defensively. JVR, Voracek, and Simmonds need to be protected, or at least be the worst defensive forward on their line. I don't think you have any combination of those three on the same line and not get shredded. I think you partner up Giroux - TK, Couturier - Voracek, and JVR - Patrick and then shuffle around Lindblom, Laughton, and Raffl to try and find combinations that work.

Lindblom gives the 1st line another player good on the boards and a nice complimentary type player. Laughton gives the 2nd line a shooter, and Raffl gives the 3rd line some additional two-way play.

Do whatever you want with the 4th line because it's going to be bad.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Obvious? A chosen selection of even strength points over a particular stretch is obvious?

Anyways. You could have just said "he's been scoring a ton lately despite his bad season" or something. And reminded me.

You have to admit he does look like a kid who's not ready for 1st line minutes all this season. And it's a little worrying. And we have Ghost and ****ing Provy to worry about and everything else. It's been a genuinely disconcerting year.
Yeah, I’d definitely say TKs performance since being put on the top line makes it pretty obvious.

I really have no clue what more anyone could ask for. He’s looked dangerous and has been producing too, even though he’s had a few unlucky stretches (remember how many posts he got to start this year).

This is one of those times when both the eye test and statistics are both telling the same story.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lindblom - Giroux - TK
JVR - Patrick - Raffl

We have a serious problem where we have too many wingers that are minuses defensively. JVR, Voracek, and Simmonds need to be protected, or at least be the worst defensive forward on their line. I don't think you have any combination of those three on the same line and not get shredded. I think you partner up Giroux - TK, Couturier - Voracek, and JVR - Patrick and then shuffle around Lindblom, Laughton, and Raffl to try and find combinations that work.

Lindblom gives the 1st line another player good on the boards and a nice complimentary type player. Laughton gives the 2nd line a shooter, and Raffl gives the 3rd line some additional two-way play.

these lines are fine

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lindblom - Giroux - TK
JVR - Patrick - Raffl

This is a great point.

I wonder what it would take to get Mark Stone. He would be a great fit here I think.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is a great point.

I wonder what it would take to get Mark Stone. He would be a great fit here I think.

He’s a pending UFA. So that & given Ottawa’s recent trades probably not a whole lot.

But if you can’t get an extension though there’s really no point since this team isn’t even making the playoffs nonetheless being a contender.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
That could be an option. They are bums. But the young kids on the team now are highly overrated. TK, lindblom, Patrick aren’t much. Provy and ghost just look average. That’s a good chunk of the team and the so called future. A very bad and small team as constituted.
I have to agree with you. I think the problem is alot of the players just aren't that good and the prospects that everyone raves about aren't that great.... The obvious problems are Simmonds he is not helpful really anywhere. Vorachek I kinda feel like people expect him to be this game changer and he isn't and never will be. Then Amac is just bad and really needs to not play here. But as for the young guys I don't think they are that great and that's it. Provorov seems average, Ghost good offensive d-man but not a shut down guy. Patrick average, lindblom average, Koneckny fast but average. They don't have a game changer other than Giroux. He really is the only really good hockey player on this team, couts is good but not a guy to carry a team. I think they should really start over. And someone mentioned provorov stick, I find it incredibly annoying he uses such a small stick...I know he is a pro and better than me and all that but it's annoying.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Watching him, do you really see a top line player? I just don’t. I love this team as much as the next guy and been watching them a lot longer then most. I respect your opinion. I just don,t see it that’s all.
giphy.gif

cymbalizm

Feb 7, 2017
SP, NJ
What’s the main difference in other teams PP ?

I will answer for you, they have their top sniper in Jakes spot. Jake has 3 moves, around the net to G, back to Ghost, or that stupid shot pass thing to Simmer. Him shooting is option 10.

Put gostisbehere where jake is, Sanheim up top, patrick net front, and you might just have a better-than-league-worst powerplay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->