Post-Game Talk: #37 | FLYERS (A) vs. Bruins (H) | Monday, Apr. 5, 2021 | Flyers win 3-2 OT

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
That was a vintage mid 80’s hip toss

Patricks agent negotiating his new contract

3907396dfad6ed16f7fd77dbae5446f08bbb61e0.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In the games since Ghost was scapegoated by AV and healthy scratched multiple times :laugh: (Morin is missing because he's classified as a forward on there lol)

Softy Sanhero ain't playing too shabby either, huh?

eb6a5847d62197f30d9176cd0c2a55d5.png

And for the crowd who thinks only the end result matters :)

8acbf09f0ba9a8e66fdbfc44c6212b26.png

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
In the games since Ghost was scapegoated by AV and healthy scratched multiple times :laugh: (Morin is missing because he's classified as a forward on there lol)

We all want Travis to play well.... your issue is you seem to want our other players to play worse to prove your point .... I like most of what you post but it's the constant focus on Sanheim and dissing of Provorov + firing the coaches (the staff hasn't been good this year I tend to agree but last years play also needs to count) soon as something goes wrong is a little much.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Phillies win! I was entertained looking baseball!

Flyers win? I dont care!

Ghost played well? Water is wet!
Sanheim played well? Water is wet!

nothing to see here.

Elliot got 3 posts and won a game? Lucky him, but we dont need him going forward as everyone knows!

Iam not looking forward to any game this season. Not with this staff and Hayes in the lineup and Braun playing #2 d!

Iam done with this franchise!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We all want Travis to play well.... your issue is you seem to want our other players to play worse to prove your point .... I like most of what you post but it's the constant focus on Sanheim and dissing of Provorov + firing the coaches (the staff hasn't been good this year I tend to agree but last years play also needs to count) soon as something goes wrong is a little much.
:laugh: Please quote where I said a single word about Provorov in that post. He literally was not mentioned once.

The point of that post - which is perfectly clear if you read it - was pointing out how stupid it was for AV healthy scratch Ghost, waive him, and generally scapegoat him.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

The benching woke him up? Thought you hated AV...

:laugh:

Also to defend the other guy, I thought it was perfectly clear he was referencing your other posts on here and not that one in particular

Last edited:
Reactions: phil162888

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Well yay I guess but hopefully mgmt sells. Still was mostly enjoyable by their standards. Hope Hart plays well again tomorrow. More important than this nonsense.

Reactions: BernieParent

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
How the hell can anyone complain about Patrick today WTF???? Seriously..... Hayes sh** the bed again but almost every other forward had a decent game including Nolan who played real strong. Using his size on the boards and winning battles (which he hasn't been doing). Good carrying the puck and making plays today. He made some great plays defensively as well. His shot is still not where it needs to be but all else was good today
I am with you. Patrick looked engaged, was moving well, had a couple slick moves with the puck on his stick. He’s not scoring, but he’s doing little things right.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
That Buffalo 6-1 loss is looking like a huge game to have lost. But it’s in the past. Tomorrow is the most important game of the year. We win, we can say we have a slight chance and we are fighting for it. We lose, and it’s time to face facts. But it’s playoff hockey from here on out. No more 9-0, 6-1, 8-3 type games. Simply can’t happen.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just by going off the highlights, Provorov SUCKS. Was that the case the entire game?
He had a very rough game. Even the shill broadcasters mentioned it for once.

Also, on a semi-related note, my heart almost stopped while watching Hayes and Provorov pass back and forth on the PP. :laugh: Couturier had to just take the puck away and snipe one himself because those two thought they were PKing.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Some things that stood out:

-The Giroux line and the Ghost-Morin pairing were our best, yet again. Giroux, TK, and Ghost were the standouts. Sanheim was good individually too, but Myers is really struggling.

-Hayes continues to be complete dogshit. Provorov is still waiting for that magic RD to save him. Elliott is slow as shit.

-The Couturier line turned back into a pumpkin long ago. It was never a good mix, but it was scoring for a bit, and Couturier clearly isn't healthy.

If Morin Ghost pair do their defense duties first Like that every night, This team stand à chance.

Nobody notice them in points and they are not flashy.

Excellent défensive is catching my attention thought.

I have always eyes on défense even if the play is now in the forwards hands.

Exit zones.
Battles won and
Cyclings defensmen and plays a long the boards
Secondary support shifts.
Contrôled areas for High danger shots.
Active sticks and positioning.
Secondary support on ennemies passing lanes.
Défensive awareness. Marking.

Etc etc.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
How the hell can anyone complain about Patrick today WTF???? Seriously..... Hayes sh** the bed again but almost every other forward had a decent game including Nolan who played real strong. Using his size on the boards and winning battles (which he hasn't been doing). Good carrying the puck and making plays today. He made some great plays defensively as well. His shot is still not where it needs to be but all else was good today
Yeah. Been critical of Patrick of late, but he had a solid game today. Not sure who in their right mind can say he stunk today. They clearly should not be watching hockey.

Reactions: Swic21

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV actually watches the games, Laczynski played more in the 3rd period. I think he'll gradually increase his PT as he gets comfortable with both the NHL and a new set of teammates.

Notice the bad Ghost penalty that led to a Bruin's goal goes unmentioned, it was "I can't move my feet fast enough so I'll just slash at the puck with my stick" tripping penalty.

Patrick's skating keeps improving as the season progresses, in a normal season we'd still be 5 games from the half way mark.

It's not surprising the team is starting to win games, it's not that they're playing much differently, but they're getting acceptable goalie play.

Since the COVID break, the only players with xGF < 50%
Raffl 49.39
Myers 49.25
NAK 49.08
Gus 47.49
Morin 38.02 (compare to Hagg 51.59)
Bunnaman 35.37

Hayes, everyone's whipping boy, 54.19%
Hayes 1.61 pp/60, Laughton 1.67, NAK 0.98, Raffl 0.88, Patrick 0.24 haven't been scoring at ES, but not for lack of trying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->