Prospect Info: #36 Jesper Boqvist (C/W)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's easy to forget that Bratt was not envisioned on a scoring line out of camp. He started the season on the third line with Henrique and Hayes (lol), but he almost immediately played his way onto the top line.

Now, if he doesn't make the team, I don't know if the right place for him is Sweden or the AHL, that's something I don't have a good sense of.
But Bratt is a unicorn remember.

Reactions: Blackjack

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What about the SHL vs AHL angle? Such as, if we sign him before July 15, he comes to training camp, he doesn't make the NHL team, can he still go back to Sweden?
I feel like too much is being made of Boqvist signing that SHL contract. I think it's simply just a backup plan in case we don't offer him a contract. If he wants to play in the NHL eventually and he doesn't make the team, he's probably better off honing his skills in the AHL, and I think he knows it.

Hall-Hischier-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-X
Boqvist-Zacha-Anderson/Seney/Studenic (just throwing that out there, maybe he's a sleeper)/another addition elsewhere
Wood-Zacha-Coleman
Double duty for Zacha?

I presume you mean Zajac as 3C :nod:

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I feel like too much is being made of Boqvist signing that SHL contract. I think it's simply just a backup plan in case we don't offer him a contract. If he wants to play in the NHL eventually and he doesn't make the team, he's probably better off honing his skills in the AHL, and I think he knows it.

Double duty for Zacha?

I presume you mean Zajac as 3C :nod:

look at my picture, do you think I meant Zajac?

absolutely not. my son can handle 3rd and 4th line minutes

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Whats the plan for him this season? Have him tour and get to know north america from the stands? I dont see him being a fit on the 4th line either. The guy has only played one full season of mens hockey, he needs playing time!

Last edited:
Reactions: Auto Pilot

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Whats the plan for him this season? Have him tour and get to know north america from the stands? I dont see him being a fit on the 4th line either. The guy has only played one full season of mens hockey, he needs playing time!

He'll end up playing at least 50-60 games if he stays healthy. All it will take is one injury in the top 9 to get him in the lineup consistently.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
He'll end up playing at least 50-60 games if he stays healthy. All it will take is one injury in the top 9 to get him in the lineup consistently.

Are you sure? With Hischier a top 9 forward went down and Boqvist is still eating nachos come game time.

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
Are you sure? With Hischier a top 9 forward went down and Boqvist is still eating nachos come game time.

Boqvist took a bad high sticking penalty in the Florida game, which is why he sat the ranger game. Then after the ranger game, the team ended a horrible 6 game skid to start the season, and on top of that, the 4th line (where Boqvist had been playing) played an extremely effective and hard game.

Is it really a surprise that Boqvist didn't suit up for the game right after that?

Boqvist will play this year, I don't know why people are freaking out about him only playing 3 of the first 9 games, especially when the team was playing like hot garbage to start the season. Boqvist will get his chance, everyone needs to chill out.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Boqvist took a bad high sticking penalty in the Florida game, which is why he sat the ranger game. Then after the ranger game, the team ended a horrible 6 game skid to start the season, and on top of that, the 4th line (where Boqvist had been playing) played an extremely effective and hard game.

Is it really a surprise that Boqvist didn't suit up for the game right after that?

Boqvist will play this year, I don't know why people are freaking out about him only playing 3 of the first 9 games, especially when the team was playing like hot garbage to start the season. Boqvist will get his chance, everyone needs to chill out.
I’d really just like Hayden out for Boqvist. Everyone else has a pretty defined role including Rooney. Hayden doesn’t do anything at all and you could just put Simmonds down there in his place if you want to keep a physical 4th line. It’s not like Simmonds is gonna be scoring much when play is even anyway.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think Boqvist’s biggest problem getting in games has been the rest of the teams inability to play a structured game. Everything was such a mess, even for veterans, it was hard to ask rookies to fit in. I think we’ve seen that for Hughes and Gusev as well but they sit higher on the depth chart than Boqvist.

With the team hopefully settling down now that should allow the coaches to be more comfortable inserting another first year player.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So he's gonna get his chance down the middle tonight. Do you see him thriving more in that position than on the wing? He will also get more PP minutes now that Palmieri is gone, I'd think?

Reactions: TheDuke93

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
So he's gonna get his chance down the middle tonight. Do you see him thriving more in that position than on the wing? He will also get more PP minutes now that Palmieri is gone, I'd think?

I guess anything is possible, I don't really think Palmieri was blocking Boqvist from the power play, but there will certainly be more minutes to go around.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
How he plays, especially his skating style is much more fitting to center. Similarly to how Hughes skating wouldn’t be as fitting on wing. Don’t think he was ever gonna be impactful on the wing. This is a chance for him to possibly show that he can be our 3C. Obviously no guarantee he’ll do that but he has the opportunity and I think the potential.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

Liked the line of Sharangovich-Boqvist-Kuokkanen during the preseason. Will be fun to see how it works down the stretch.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
He plays a little tentative but I like a lot of things he does. Slick hands and is not a disaster positioning-wise.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad