Post-Game Talk: #36 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Saturday, Apr. 3, 2021 | Flyers lose 3-2 (1-0 in SO)

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Why not? Seattle will likely be good quickly and if they offer above market value I can absolutely see it happening. Pretty sure a UFA signed with Vegas but cant remember who.
I think it will be tougher for them than it was for Vegas. Teams will be more prepared now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think he can be a good player, but I also think it's reasonable to be skeptical about his upside. He's one year older than Farabee and look how much further Farabee already is in his development.
It sucks for him that he got hurt this year because the way Patrick is playing this was his opportunity to earn a full time spot.

Can't compare Farabee and Frost. Apples and oranges.
Farabee has a bigger frame, more natural strength, better hockey IQ.
Frost was coming on before he got injured, late maturing both physically and in terms of hockey instincts, especially converting his raw speed into game speed.

People get impatient, Frost will be 22 next year, same age Guentzel hit the NHL. Won't surprise me if he has a similar breakout season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why not? Seattle will likely be good quickly and if they offer above market value I can absolutely see it happening. Pretty sure a UFA signed with Vegas but cant remember who.
Deryk Engelland

He was a pending UFA...but Vegas picked him as their pick for Calgary instead of others on the roster, then signed him before becoming a UFA.

Reactions: Rebels57

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

Deryk Engelland

He was a pending UFA...but Vegas picked him as their pick for Calgary instead of others on the roster, then signed him before becoming a UFA.
Worth noting that Engelland and his wife had ties to Vegas (he started his career with their former ECHL team and I think his wife is from there) so that was a somewhat special case. I imagine that Laughton would garner a lot more interest as a UFA league wide than a late 30-something Deryk Engelland as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad