35th Overall Antti Tuomisto, Defence

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Played with Kivenmaki on Assat U20, we've seen him quite a bit I'm guessing.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Played a lot with Kivenmäki, so they've been watching him closely for 2 years.

I had him as a 3rd round target, but they clearly like him a lot. Big raw RHD project who likes to carry the puck and shoot. Good offensive tools, defense needs work. Apparently he'll play another year for Ässät U20 and then head to college. I would rather see him jump up in competition, so either go direct to college, head to the USHL or skip college and go to Liiga?

Antti Tuomisto | FinnProspects.com

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Good choice. If we're big on filling our D cupboard, we're doing great with our picks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Skating is a problem from what I remember when I have seen him.

For people that hated the 2017 draft this pick reminds me of that years logic.

This is not the start I was hoping for. Putting big faith in the Euro scouting contingency, I guess.

I don’t mind the players we have taken, but the value just feels... off

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is not the start I was hoping for. Putting big faith in the Euro scouting contingency, I guess.

I don’t mind the players we have taken, but the value just feels... off

Not a huge surprise that the guys Yzerman has the most faith in are Hakan and Fischer. Two guys here in an organizational capacity before he left.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We are betting on our development plan. I mean you should and that has been a big part of Tampa's success. Still I like my big guy projects to be good skaters like Seider or one of my other favorites that didn't fall to 35 in Beecher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad