GDT: #34 Vegas Golden Knights @ St. Louis Blues

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That's a reason I don't like challenges for offside goals. That could have as easily been called offside and the play is dead and you can't challenge that. It's an uneven rule.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What in the mother of f*** are Engo and Holden doing. Holden taking a knee in the crease letting the puck carrier walk up and have a decade to take aim, Engo listlessly trails a guy who isn't even in a good position to score.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
What in the mother of **** are Engo and Holden doing. Holden taking a knee in the crease letting the puck carrier walk up and have a decade to take aim, Engo listlessly trails a guy who isn't even in a good position to score.

That was so f***ing pathetic. Neither one of them went to the man with the puck.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What in the mother of **** are Engo and Holden doing. Holden taking a knee in the crease letting the puck carrier walk up and have a decade to take aim, Engo listlessly trails a guy who isn't even in a good position to score.

I watched Holden look at the puck carrier the whole time and slide in the crease AWAY from him.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I'm back. Kinda figured we wouldn't get any points out of this game, at least, on the quick roadie. But they did give me false hope when up 2-1.

Oh, well. I'll sign off for the Knight now.

On to Dallas and...

Go! :vegas Go!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Looking at that goal again, Holden especially could have played it better, Engelland possibly could have done more also.

But that's on Fleury. From that angle it goes between his arm and his body, I think he would admit he should have that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looking at that goal again, Holden especially could have played it better, Engelland possibly could have done more also.

But that's on Fleury. From that angle it goes between his arm and his body, I think he would admit he should have that.
Yes but the shooter should not have that much time and space. This is like saying the Knights should have killed the major penalty better. One doesn't happen without the other. That was one of the laziest individual defensive efforts I've ever seen from this team.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Well this one started strong but went out with a whimper. Hopefully the boys bring something stronger tomorrow night to Big D. I'll get the GDT started later tonight & finish it once the projected lineups come out tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Well this one started strong but went out with a whimper. Hopefully the boys bring something stronger tomorrow night to Big D. I'll get the GDT started later tonight & finish it once the projected lineups come out tomorrow morning.
Not only defense - very frustrating game, as we had a million chances, we just miss the net constantly, overpass, except for Patches, no natural scorers/snipers on the team. This was a winnable game we didn't win. And we need a ton more from Karlsson, Stone and Stastny. Guys like Zykov and Nosek are what they are. Marchessault might have 20 goals if he could ever hit the net.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Considering how well thought of our top six forward group is and how little goals they've produced, I would think a trade of a bigger earning player to shake them up and help the defense could be in order.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Considering how well thought of our top six forward group is and how little goals they've produced, I would think a trade of a bigger earning player to shake them up and help the defense could be in order.
Don't like to trade players when not playing well, don't get fair value. I never thought we were, while an excellent team, a true Cup contender, we're a step below Capitals/Bruins and not worth blowing up the team and compromising the future. Keep building and drafting and building we'll win multiple championships. I have faith in the organization and players will want to come to Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad