GDT: #34 Vegas Golden Knights @ St. Louis Blues

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Golden Knights projected lineup

Scratched: Jon Merrill
Injured: Cody Eakin & Cody Glass (Both Upper Body, but really both have Concussions)

Blues projected lineup

Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Perron - O'Reilly - Bozak
Barbashev - Thomas - Brouwer
MacEachern - de la Rose - Oskar Sundqvist

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Faulk

Binnington
Allen
Scratched: Robert Bortuzzo, Nathan Walker, Austin Poganski
Injured: Vladimir Tarasenko (shoulder), Alexander Steen (ankle), Sammy Blais (wrist), Zach Sanford (upper body)

A Quick Road Trip starting with a Journey into the Lair of the
Current Stanley Cup Champions.

But we are quick & resourceful and will take 1 if we can get it.
IMG_4338.GIF

Then Travel all the way to Dallas to Battle the:

giphy.gif

And after we've Destroyed both adversaries:
giphy.gif

We get to go Home and relax before
hosting at the Fortess on Sunday
giphy.gif

And listen to some tunes

Dad Guy - Billie Eilish Parody

Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros - Flight Of The Conchords

To follow SuperCake & IceNeophyte's superstitious recommendations
(Which I absolutely respect)
here come the Dog GIF's:

source.gif
dM4WcWr.gif

EmotionalSecondDonkey-size_restricted.gif
hC9D19946
hEDCD40F5

1b3282fe9826f21050a3e4171c2f48f0.gif

Last edited:

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Golden Knights projected lineup

Scratched: Nick Holden
Injured: Cody Eakin (upper body) & Cody Glass (upper body but let's be real- Concussion)

Blues projected lineup

Scratched:
Injured:
:stanley:

Award for earliest GDT ever posted! :D

Yeah, I know it's the Stanley Cup, but it's the best I could do with minimal effort. :laugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Other Pacific Division games tonight

Oilers @ Wild 5PM - The Wild have found their game of late, and even before they did, they shut out the Oil 3-0 back on Oct 22. The Oilers are currently 3 points ahead of Vegas with same games played. A win by the Wild would either allow us to gain on the Oilers, or at least allow us not to slip back again.

Maple Leafs @ Flames 6PM- A battle of two teams that have canned their head coaches. Flames are something around a 6 game win streak since severing Peters (pun intended), and Toronto is 6-3 since The Save chopped Babcock (they write themselves). Calgary is currently 1 point up on Vegas with same games played. This might be the best game of the night, objectively.

Blackhawks @ Coyotes 6PM - the 'hawks took the yotes to shootout, and lost, the game before falling to Vegas in dramatic fashion. Before that, they edged out Boston and NJD in back-to-back OT and SO, respectively. While their record is dismal, there are some bright spots in it, and Chicago still has the talent to pull out a heartbreaker against contending teams. Coyotes just came off a loss to Calgary. If Vegas wins tonight, it may still not be the day we catch up points on Arizona, but there have been chinks in the yotes' armor, and perhaps Chicago can exploit them.

Hurricanes @ Canucks 7PM - Canucks are 3 points behind us with 2 fewer games played, so on a PPG basis they knock us out of that last Wild Card position we currently inhabit. Canes are riding a three game win streak vs SJS, MIN and EDM.

Kings @ Ducks 7PM - meh

Rangers @ Sharks 7:30PM -
I'm just pissed that the Rangers clowned us, then turned around and lost to the Mighty Kings 3-1.

Bottom line, Vegas needs to win tonight. Blues are a solid team and are 5th in the league currently, but haven't been invincible and like I said above, are statistically quite similar to Vegas. There should be at least one game result that favors our standings in the above matchups, but if we don't win, we're just treading water. It's the perfect storm: Fleury's back after Subban did a solid job of covering for him, the team is looking confident. Time for one of those statement games like we saw in the NSH DAL road trip in 2017. If everything were to go perfectly, we could end the night back in 3rd place and 1 point behind 1st and 2d. My prediction: Stone and Patches go off tonight. Vegas wins 4-2.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Other Pacific Division games tonight

Oilers @ Wild 5PM - The Wild have found their game of late, and even before they did, they shut out the Oil 3-0 back on Oct 22. The Oilers are currently 3 points ahead of Vegas with same games played. A win by the Wild would either allow us to gain on the Oilers, or at least allow us not to slip back again.

Maple Leafs @ Flames 6PM- A battle of two teams that have canned their head coaches. Flames are something around a 6 game win streak since severing Peters (pun intended), and Toronto is 6-3 since The Save chopped Babcock (they write themselves). Calgary is currently 1 point up on Vegas with same games played. This might be the best game of the night, objectively.

Blackhawks @ Coyotes 6PM - the 'hawks took the yotes to shootout, and lost, the game before falling to Vegas in dramatic fashion. Before that, they edged out Boston and NJD in back-to-back OT and SO, respectively. While their record is dismal, there are some bright spots in it, and Chicago still has the talent to pull out a heartbreaker against contending teams. Coyotes just came off a loss to Calgary. If Vegas wins tonight, it may still not be the day we catch up points on Arizona, but there have been chinks in the yotes' armor, and perhaps Chicago can exploit them.

Hurricanes @ Canucks 7PM - Canucks are 3 points behind us with 2 fewer games played, so on a PPG basis they knock us out of that last Wild Card position we currently inhabit. Canes are riding a three game win streak vs SJS, MIN and EDM.

Kings @ Ducks 7PM - meh

Rangers @ Sharks 7:30PM -
I'm just pissed that the Rangers clowned us, then turned around and lost to the Mighty Kings 3-1.

Bottom line, Vegas needs to win tonight. Blues are a solid team and are 5th in the league currently, but haven't been invincible and like I said above, are statistically quite similar to Vegas. There should be at least one game result that favors our standings in the above matchups, but if we don't win, we're just treading water. It's the perfect storm: Fleury's back after Subban did a solid job of covering for him, the team is looking confident. Time for one of those statement games like we saw in the NSH DAL road trip in 2017. If everything were to go perfectly, we could end the night back in 3rd place and 1 point behind 1st and 2d. My prediction: Stone and Patches go off tonight. Vegas wins 4-2.
Great Post. Really informative. Curious to see if the Sharks get the "New Coach Bump."

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
de la Rose is on the Blues now? TIL

Hopefully we can come out of this without an injury, considering Bortuzzo.
Yes, it was an interesting trade. JDLR for Fabbri. I have to salute Armstrong for the Blues, he really did Robby a solid by moving him as he just wasn't getting ice time in St. Louis. Credit also to Stevie Y for flipping a waiver wire pick up for Fabbri, who has been one of the few bright spots in their low point of their tank cycle. Great to see a guy who had such promise with devastating injuries rebound in his career path.

Last edited:
Reactions: TK 421

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yes, it was an interesting trade. DLR for Fabbri. I have to salute Armstrong for the Blues, he really did Robby a solid by moving him as he just wasn't getting ice time in St. Louis. Credit also to Stevie Y for flipping a waiver wire pick up for Fabbri, who has been one of the few bright spots in their low point of their tank cycle. Great to see a guy who had such promise with devastating injuries rebound in his career path.
Oh, I knew Fabbri was traded to Detroit and has been killing it for them, but couldn't remember that it was for DLR.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Just a warning to all. I think I've got a mild case of the flu. Don't get too close to me this game. I will try to avoid breathing on anyone, and I will be washing my hands vigorously between periods in an effort not to spread the germ through my keyboard. :DD

Also, this may explain why I'll be a bit more dull-witted tonight than usual. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just a warning to all. I think I've got a mild case of the flu. Don't get too close to me this game. I will try to avoid breathing on anyone, and I will be washing my hands vigorously between periods in an effort not to spread the germ through my keyboard. :DD

Also, this may explain why I'll be a bit more dull-witted tonight than usual. :laugh:

I have this thing, too. One of the benefits of driving Uber for fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad