Injury Report: #34 Auston Matthews - Cleared to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I wish nothing but pain and despair (sports wise) for other Canadian teams, namely Edmonton and Calgary fans. ****ing pathetic scoundrel practically celebrating his injury, jumping to call him injury prone and the same usual hot takes. Cannot wait until McDavid jumps ship and they have yet nothing to cling to yet again.

Lol and the funny thing is..it isn't even in question, its legitimately not a question of it but when. Deep down they all know it too which makes their denial an entire other form of entertainment.

McDavid WILL return home to Toronto if the Leafs are a good team ..and they are projected to be a very well seasoned team when that time for him to make that choice comes along.

Like Tavares enduring years of floundering on Long Island, McDavid will soon get sick of floundering in the depths and misery of Edmonton. He like Tavares will flock to Toronto to play for the only city that has ever meant anything to him.

I view the Marleau signing as the first indication that household name type players are willing to come to Toronto again, they used to in the past so it was bound to happen again. Then when Tavares signed it confirmed Toronto's desirability among NHL players and its image as a legitimate Cup Contending team.

member 262271

It's amazing to see how this injury has turned once level headed posters completely insane. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much talk, and that's what we have here. It was a hard hit, listening to people say it was routine is laughable, back off the ledge you goofs.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
At the end of the day it was a clean hit, there’s hits like that every game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wish he was able to shake it off but it really caught him in an unfortunate spot when I look at the replay again.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
It's amazing to see how this injury has turned once level headed posters completely insane. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much talk, and that's what we have here. It was a hard hit, listening to people say it was routine is laughable, back off the ledge you goofs.
If I had the time, I could YouTube 1000 or more hits as hard, or harder than this one where the guy that got hit just walked away and didn't miss a shift. We have damaged goods here. Accept that fact.

member 262271

If I had the time, I could YouTube 1000 or more hits as hard, or harder than this one where the guy that got hit just walked away and didn't miss a shift. We have damaged goods here. Accept that fact.
Uh huh, totally damaged goods. :facepalm:

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
Well, if the hold up with Willie is that he wants to be a 1C, sign a deal kiddo, here's your chance!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
how the **** do we have fans who think it's good if our elite superstar gets hurt because it might help keep his cap hit lower?
Anyone trying to find any type of gain from any injury throughout sports shouldn't be a fan of sports. Injuries are part of the game, but I want my best team to beat the best team put on the ice at all times.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
how the **** do we have fans who think it's good if our elite superstar gets hurt because it might help keep his cap hit lower?
I didn't say that it was a good thing. I was just stating a fact. Would you sign a player to one of the biggest contracts in the league when he blows out his shoulder every 30 games or so?

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
AM does seem to be a bit Fragile as he grows into that body that will one day be a man. Another big man that has had his fair share of injuries but still looks great.............Gino Malkin. these things happen to the best of players. Crosby with his numerous years of various injuries (mainly concussion) is still playing some of the best hockey of his career.

The only player in the league immune to injuries is jellyfish Kessel. With no muscle on his frame it is impossible to get injured ha ha. That hit on AM to Kessel would be like hitting a marshmallow.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
One bit of good news, it appears it is not the same shoulder as the one injured last year:

"No, it's not the same shoulder, it's not," Babcock said. "He did his work this summer to get way stronger, built muscle around his shoulders, wants to protect himself. Sometimes things happen."
Matthews to miss at least one game for Maple Leafs with shoulder injury

So at least this isn't actually a repeated injury.

Reactions: The Cobra

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
While it sucks that he is hurt, hopefully he will only be out for a couple of games. But if he is out longer, at least we have Tavares. Last year it was a bigger deal, this year they have another legit star who can step up.

Reactions: The Cobra

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Yeah, it was an awkward position. The hit wasn’t much but just caught him in a bad place.

I think he will be out for a bit but I don’t really care about that too much. Take all the time. We’ve got skill on the team to overcome an injury. It will actually force Babcock to lean on his better players a little more.

Isn’t Matthews a good player?

I feel like your comment would make sense if this were a Hainsey injury thread...

How does removing one of your best players force you to use your best players more??

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Lol and the funny thing is..it isn't even in question, its legitimately not a question of it but when. Deep down they all know it too which makes their denial an entire other form of entertainment.

McDavid WILL return home to Toronto if the Leafs are a good team ..and they are projected to be a very well seasoned team when that time for him to make that choice comes along.

Like Tavares enduring years of floundering on Long Island, McDavid will soon get sick of floundering in the depths and misery of Edmonton. He like Tavares will flock to Toronto to play for the only city that has ever meant anything to him.

I view the Marleau signing as the first indication that household name type players are willing to come to Toronto again, they used to in the past so it was bound to happen again. Then when Tavares signed it confirmed Toronto's desirability among NHL players and its image as a legitimate Cup Contending team.

Man, I don't even care if he comes to Toronto. Blessed, but just anywhere but Edmonton or that desolate wasteland that is Alberta. Trash weather, horrible fans and overall bad teams considering drafting.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Malkin and Bergeron were kinda glassy when they were in their earlier years.
except for that one year when Bergeron basically played on one toe because everything was broken or rupturing, or collapsing, he's been relatively healthy. Same as Malkin give or take a game or two.

the stronger Matthews gets esp. in his shoulders, the better he will be health wise.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Interesting.
It might just be Matthews has to lose shoulder joints. It is pretty common problem though more common is that you have to little space there that can lead to many rotator cuff problems.

3 shoulder injuries at he's age start to seem more than coincident. Though, they still might be.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad