Injury Report: #34 Auston Matthews - Cleared to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It will start as day to day and become week to week. Hopefully it won't be as long a layoff as last season.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not the same shoulder as last season. Either way hopefully it's not long. I'd like to see the full team play at some point.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Welp....if this is just Babcock not being completely truthful to avoid massive meltdown, it is probably an AC joint separation and they are going to see what happens when the swelling reduces. But if those words are to be taken accurately, they probably think its only a Grade 1 injury and could be back in a week. Which would be awesome for everyone.

Reactions: francis246

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
We have a big problem if our best player can't take a hit like that without getting seriously hurt.

It really has nothing to do with that. Ive have multiple shoulder injuries on both sides in my younger career. Sometimes it's just stupid luck or bad timing, but getting hit with that kind of force just behind the shoulder would probably knock out most players.

Reactions: francis246

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We have some wiggle room in the standings, don't bring him back unless he's 100%. He was a shadow of his former self last year when he came back prematurely.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We have a big problem if our best player can't take a hit like that without getting seriously hurt.

Would you it a f***ing rest. Not every body's body reacts to force the same. It's always the basement boys that are first to comment when someone gets hurt.

People like you who are basically calling Matthews a bitch, clearly have never played sports ever or have injured your shoulder. Any type of force can injure your shoulder. I've had a separated shoulder, I've had a rotator cuff injury and a torn labrum. Shoulder injuries are not easy to deal with and can happen so easily. It's one of the body's most loose joints. That's how we have so much mobility in our arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad