Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agree with you ... although a RW trigger appears pretty available on the FA market. Dadonov or Hoffman types are prob the easiest piece to acquire.

I think Ottawa has another guy who could score a lot of goals from the right side in Pinto unless of course they use him as a centre. But if he ends up on RW than they have another big guy in front of the net scoring goals within a few feet of the crease where most goals in the NHL are scored. Pinto is also a big guy, strong, playing for one of the best NCAA schools at the UND team who plays with an edge & can make some space for himself & is hard to move. He isn't going to score like Hoffman or Holtz would score like, but he will tip pucks in & fight for lose pucks & score a lot of ugly goals.

IMO they are adding big goal scorers who will be difficult to move from in front of the net who will fight for space & make life difficult for goalies. They may not have elite goal scorers but they have a few guys who can shoot the puck & fight for the puck in tight quarters. IMO they could have a pretty big future top nine if they all pan out, regardless of who people want to see play together on lines. Imagine if they are able to add a centre (Kent Johnson) in the 2021 draft to replace White eventually or move Pinto or Stuetzle to 3rd line centre & draft Guenther RW in 2021, the future team potentially just keeps getting better, on paper anyway.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Stuetzle - Norris - Pinto
Jarventie - White - Sokolov

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweatred

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Agreed even though we don't really have any pure shooter prospects outside of Roby with the only other "trigger man" probably being Norris at this point.

Dorion signed a legit shooter for the immediate term in Daddy Dadonov, while I am also very intrigued to see how Sokolov's shooting translates into professional hockey. The pipeline was lacking in terms of pure shooters but having Jarventie and Sokolov are promising. Stuetzle is more a playmaker who can do it all including score goals. Altogether, this draft provided some potential goal scorers in the pipeline.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The real debate here is not Hall for Larsson, but rather how much money is Jarventie going to demand in 3 years?

10 million per?
15 million per?
25+ million per?
25+ seems a touch optimistic given that the max he can get is 25% of the cap, he'd have to be such a driving for to the league that revenue rebound after the pandemic and the Cap soars to 100 mil or more, but I guess if anyone can do it, it's Jarventie.

Reactions: TheDebater

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So... When did Jarventie get traded to Edmonton for Hall... or was it to NJ for Larson? was he somehow traded for both Zibanejad and Brassard...
i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think Ottawa has another guy who could score a lot of goals from the right side in Pinto unless of course they use his as a centre. But if he ends up on RW than they have another big guy in front of the net scoring goals within a few feet of the crease where most goals in the NHL are scored. Pinto is also a big guy, strong, playing for one of the best NCAA schools at the UND team who plays with an edge & can make some space for himself & is hard to move. He isn't going to score like Hoffman or Holtz would score like, but he will tip pucks in & fight for lose pucks & score a lot of ugly goals.

IMO they are adding big goal scorers who will be difficult to move from in front of the net who will fight for space & make life difficult for goalies. They may not have elite goal scorers but they have a few guys who can shoot the puck & fight for the puck in tight quarters. IMO they could have a pretty big future top nine if they all pan out, regardless of who people want to see play together on lines. Imagine if they are able to add a centre (Kent Johnson) in the 2021 draft to replace White eventually or move Pinto or Stuetzle to 3rd line centre & draft Guenther RW in 2021, the future team potentially just keeps getting better, on paper anyway.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Stuetzle - Norris - Pinto
Jarventie - White - Sokolov

I agree but I think Pinto may emerge as the teams 3C behind 2 of Stutzle, Norris, and Brown.

We are pretty set for a few years on the right side with Dadonov, Bath, and Brown. Jarventie ideally replaces Dadonov in a few years.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good read, not sure if it has been posted before

https://www.ottawalife.com/article/sens-prospect-jarventie-impressing-in-finland?c=14

Head coach Jouko Myrra says that’s not likely to change as the season moves along.

He has one of the best shots in our team or even in the Finnish league,” he said. “We would be stupid if he doesn’t play power play.”

Roby’s size, speed, and knack for putting himself in scoring positions reminds Myrra of former Ilves player Roope Hintz, who’s coming off 19 goals in 60 games for the Dallas Stars last season.

“I hope that Roby Jarventie can challenge him after a couple of years,” laughed Myrra. “Roby has a little bit better touch than Roope Hintz.”

Myrra added: “He’s one of the most talented young Ilves players in 10 years.”

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Good read, not sure if it has been posted before

https://www.ottawalife.com/article/sens-prospect-jarventie-impressing-in-finland?c=14

Head coach Jouko Myrra says that’s not likely to change as the season moves along.

He has one of the best shots in our team or even in the Finnish league,” he said. “We would be stupid if he doesn’t play power play.”

Roby’s size, speed, and knack for putting himself in scoring positions reminds Myrra of former Ilves player Roope Hintz, who’s coming off 19 goals in 60 games for the Dallas Stars last season.

“I hope that Roby Jarventie can challenge him after a couple of years,” laughed Myrra. “Roby has a little bit better touch than Roope Hintz.”

Myrra added: “He’s one of the most talented young Ilves players in 10 years.”

Woohoo, told you mofos that Boom Boom is legit. Can't wait to see him in the WJC!

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad