33rd Overall Jonatan Berggren

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
He said he couldn't do anything but he worked out a lot. Is this a language barrier because that doesn't make much sense you can add muscle yet not allowed to work out..
not allowed to work out most probably means on ice hockey activity / skating . but probably laid on back and did lots of bench pressing without seriously stressing lower back

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Hope he can come back from his injury. He did not look all that good in the SHL before he got injured. Best case scenario he gets a good season and goes to the AHL next season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
not allowed to work out most probably means on ice hockey activity / skating . but probably laid on back and did lots of bench pressing without seriously stressing lower back
Obviously you've never had a back injury.

It's almost impossible to do any serious weight lifting without stressing a back injury because you tighten your core muscles. Go do a bench press and try to relax your back muscle while lifting. Not possible.

I just hope he recovers well enough to play hockey.

Reactions: lilidk

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Obviously you've never had a back injury.

It's almost impossible to do any serious weight lifting without stressing a back injury because you tighten your core muscles. Go do a bench press and try to relax your back muscle while lifting. Not possible.

I just hope he recovers well enough to play hockey.
Playing at the Summer Showcase so he must be good enough to play

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The height and weight aren't updated as often as the stats. Sometimes they are years behind.
… and not always accurate regardless.

Hockey isn't like boxing where they take official measurements. I've met hockey players that were at least an inch under their listed NCAA height. I suppose the accuracy might depend on the league.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The height and weight aren't updated as often as the stats. Sometimes they are years behind.
Sure. But pretty much every page/report 2 years ago had him at 5'10 180 lbs.
Now, Malik sees him at 5'10 180 lbs and claims he grew.
Seems pretty clear that he just mixed his notes up or something

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Tuomisto is second on the list, third is a guy I wanted in the draft, Hirose 5th, Veleno 7th, and another guy I wanted in the draft 8th. Found that all very interesting.
And number 10:

10. Grand Rapids, Detroit’ AHL affiliate will have three top-10 picks playing games together in Michael Rasmussen, Moritz Seider and Filip Zadina, who are still on entry level deals (technically Dylan McIlrath would count too, but he isn’t a prospect anymore). I can’t remember the last time that’s happened outside a lockout season. They are one of the most interesting teams prospect-wise now in hockey.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It has been really quiet for Berggren since the injury, but at least Swedish U20 team has some trust in him. Played on the 1st line at U20 tournament in Helsinki.

Assisted both Sweden goals against Finland, in their 2-1 win.

2020 draft high picks Holtz and Raymond scored those goals. He didn't play with them on the same line, so there was special situations, another goal happened on delayed penalty.

Berggren played on a ~15-minute role, like all Sweden top forwards. 3 games in 3 days is very tough schedue, nobody did get 20 minutes.

Did have 2+2+3 shots on goal on those games.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
He's improved every season so far in the SHL. I hope he plays there again next season, I think he can really have a Zetterberg-esque impact over there for another season or two and play on Team Sweden before coming over here.

Reactions: hkydave04 and ChadS

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Hope he keeps developing far away from this team. He has tons and tons of skill and talent, hope they just take their time with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad