33rd Overall Jonatan Berggren

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is it possible that Berrgren might get taken in next years Import draft? I would love for this kid to play somewhere in the CHL next season.

This has to be an option we are exploring. Would love to see if we could get him loaned somewhere in the CHL for after the WJC for this season to be honest.

Tough year thus far, but I think we need to relax. Not all development is linear, he is figuring out how to use what his skillset is at a different level. Sometimes it takes more time, I still like his hands and the pace he attempts to play the game with. A big part of Berggren's future is how he responds to this season anyway if it continues to be rough, what are his adjustments.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
This has to be an option we are exploring. Would love to see if we could get him loaned somewhere in the CHL for after the WJC for this season to be honest.

Tough year thus far, but I think we need to relax. Not all development is linear, he is figuring out how to use what his skillset is at a different level. Sometimes it takes more time, I still like his hands and the pace he attempts to play the game with. A big part of Berggren's future is how he responds to this season anyway if it continues to be rough, what are his adjustments.

Agreed. Adversity is never a bad thing in the long run.

This kid seemed pretty confident with his game during training camp. I'd love to see him take off after the WJC.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If the CHL is an option for him, he has to be drafted in the import draft, right? He can't be signed mid-season this year, if I recall correctly.

I'd love for him to be drafted by the Moncton Wildcats, I'd get to see him regularly. :popcorn:

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I would think now that the Wings own his rights that brokering a deal with a team (Saginaw maybe?) would be much easier.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I would think now that the Wings own his rights that brokering a deal with a team (Saginaw maybe?) would be much easier.

As far as next season goes? Yes. You'd be able to keep him close to home and put him on a team that should be making a run. Him and Cole Perfetti on the same line would be nice to see. The last European 2nd round draft pick they sent to Saginaw did ok.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Send him down to Allsvenskan if possible. I'd like to know how much time he's getting with Skelleftea...

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018

I was just checking out William Nylander's stats and he only scored a goal and 6 assists in the SHL the year after being drafted by Toront0.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Does anyone know if this back issue was a lingering thing or did it just happen? I wonder if that could be a reason for his slower tart

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Was looking at notes/rankings from last year and it made me excited we have this guy in our system again.
Was excited when we drafted him because he seemed someone who shouldn't have fallen that far. Hopefully he can recover from missing one of the most crucial development years.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
According to this article, Berggren has been back in training for about a month now. He sounds very motivated to work hard this summer.

Google Translate is a brilliant tool and makes for some great content.

"Yes, of course, I will work the shit out of me this summer that it will be a more fun and longer winter next year."

Reactions: Syckle78

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Google Translate is a brilliant tool and makes for some great content.

"Yes, of course, I will work the **** out of me this summer that it will be a more fun and longer winter next year."
That's pretty accurate :laugh:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
From Malik’s dev camp impressions:

#57 Jonatan Berggren: Berggren had a trying season, suffering a stress fracture after only 16 games played for Skelleftea AIK of the SHL, but he’s put on at least 2 inches of height and a good 25 pounds of strength due to the fact that he had to spend the balance of his 2018-19 campaign in the gym.

Would put him at about 6’0” and 200 lbs if true... that would be great for him.

Impressions from the first day of the Red Wings’ summer development camp ’19

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I find those numbers hard to believe but it at least sounds like hes putting on some size. It was likely his biggest knock on draft day
He is still only 18 and was one of the youngest in that drat Lots of players have had similar or bigger growth spurts. AA grew 2 inches after being drafted. Gonchar was 5'10" going into the draft. Shea Weber was only 5'11.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
If he grew and put on that much weight its hard to not be excited about what he might turn into...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If he grew and put on that much weight its hard to not be excited about what he might turn into...
He said he couldn't do anything but he worked out a lot. Is this a language barrier because that doesn't make much sense you can add muscle yet not allowed to work out..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->