33rd Overall Jonatan Berggren

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
I'll get to watch him in the SHL, but I also can't wait to see how Berggren fares at the WJC. Seemed like he was adjusting to the new ice size a bit at the summer showcase, but got the hang of it towards the end.

I think it did him wonders, and will prepare him well for the WJC.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't find it odd as I'm sure most/all scouts are that way, but honestly I could see some benefit to keeping track of prospects. "This guy struggled in his third year because of this issue and that guy never reached his potential because of this quality etc." could be informative for future scouting. I'm sure he's just too busy with the next year to worry about prospects he's drafted.

Tyler Wright can concentrate on that. Scouts will already hunt the guys from future drafts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I’ll just leave this here

giphy.gif

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Really like this kid. I think Veleno could be a 3rd line NHLer, but Berggren has top 6 potential. He could very well have a huge season in the SHL and start making GMs wonder how they let him slip so far down.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, I've liked this pick since it was announced. He's got speed and skill. Not the biggest guy, but he definitely has a role as a middle six winger as a bare minimum. I really like the depth at forward and that's with me pretty much ready to write off Svechnikov at this point. Would love to be wrong on Svech tho.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, I've liked this pick since it was announced. He's got speed and skill. Not the biggest guy, but he definitely has a role as a middle six winger as a bare minimum. I really like the depth at forward and that's with me pretty much ready to write off Svechnikov at this point. Would love to be wrong on Svech tho.
Size has been overrated for a few years now. People have realized you can get around a big team if you're fast enough and skilled enough. And there's no way to be so big that you can defeat sufficient size and skill.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
From what I saw in last night’s game, his playmaking skill really stood out. Also obviously has nice hands, made a sweet Datsyukian play bouncing the puck off the back of the net around a d-man.
Biggest weakness is strength/balance. Was easily pushed around a few times.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
isn't he about the size of a hobbit? And he doesn't have the benefit of those massive hobbit feet to give him more balance/leverage.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
isn't he about the size of a hobbit? And he doesn't have the benefit of those massive hobbit feet to give him more balance/leverage.

According to wikipedia page "Hobbit" a hobbit is usually 2-4 feet tall ( 0.61–1.22 meters). The average lenght of a hobbit is 3 feet 6".* Hockey based site EliteProspects currently has Jonatan Bergrens length as 5 foot 10" ( 1.78 meters).**

Jonatan Berggren is not only clearly bigger than a hobbit but he is also a very good icehockey player. You come back to me when ONE creature from middle-earth gets picked at the draft that, I'll wait.

Here is a handy tool you can use to compare heights in the future:
Comparing Heights

Sources:
*Hobbit - Wikipedia
**Jonatan Berggren at eliteprospects.com

#Slapped

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Would the allsvenskan be a better league for him? I know Forsberg played there in his +1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad