33rd Overall Jonatan Berggren

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
We needed DMen yesterday and today and our first three picks are forwards and I'm not even mad. This is a great pick. Dude is going to be legit.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Classic Hakan pick. Lots of skill offensively. Probably a future Nyquist replacement.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I think the red wings are going to have an all forward line up by 2021 at this rate LOL. Seems like a good player though based on the scouting report.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Great pick at this spot. I like it

Need to be picking all D from here on out though

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Håkan Andersson compared his style for Viktor Arvidsson. Hard-working, small-sized, fast skating guy, who is good around the net.

Hakan Andersson said two teams said they were picking Berggren next. One was MTL Canadians with their 35th pick. Wings stole this kid

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You guys destroyed the hopes and dreams of Canucks fans first taking Zadina one spot a head of us then taking Berggren just a head of us again. Dang I was so high on Berggren i had him ranked around 10 BPA. Happy with Hughes and Woo but would have been happier with Zadina and Berggren :(

Congrats

Reactions: hkydave04

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Some of his goals from this season:

I think 2 years from now he could be an elite offensive player in the SHL.

He’s already signed with Skellefteå for 4 years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Håkan Andersson compared his style for Viktor Arvidsson. Hard-working, small-sized, fast skating guy, who is good around the net.

Red Wings was his favourite team as a kid.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I really like this article on him. A few snippets:
Berggren is primarily known as a standout puck carrier, as well as an above average playmaker on the powerplay. He was Sweden’s best forward at both the U 18 tournament and the Hlinka, and looks poised to step into a more significant role in the SHL next year.

Berggren was a primary puck distributor on Sweden’s powerplay, and he shows why in this next clip. He weaves his way through three defenders, then turns and fires a quick pass to give his teammate a wide open net:

With a July birthday, he’s one of the younger players in this class, and it is important to factor to this in during an evaluation. Fellow Swedish forward Isac Lundestrom, who is ahead of Berggren on just about every list i’ve seen, scored half as many points as Berggren in his year’s U-18 tournament, as well as just two points in the Hlinka. While he offers more size, two-way ability, and SHL experience, Lundestrom posted just 10 points in 13 SuperElit games in his 17 year old season, versus Berggren’s mark of 57 points in 38 games this year.

I'm so glad we moved on from prioritizing size above all else and drafted a guy with a bunch of skill.

Reactions: hkydave04

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I really like this article on him. A few snippets:

I'm so glad we moved on from prioritizing size above all else and drafted a guy with a bunch of skill.

The wings never prioritized size above all else, they had one draft where they took a big guy and people ran with that narrative way too much. They want size and skating, they have a direction they want to go in, but they have never said forget about skill and just draft for size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->