Post-Game Talk: #33 on 3/3 @ 4pm PST — Whither Chara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think Frederic will have his hands full next game. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson fights him

Wilson needs to be on the ice with him for that to happen. If Frederic is on against Ovechkin and Wilson is with Ov then it shouldnt be an issue. It was an issue because Wilson wasnt there, which is my point

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Wilson needs to be on the ice with him for that to happen. If Frederic is on against Ovechkin and Wilson is with Ov then it shouldnt be an issue. It was an issue because Wilson wasnt there, which is my point

Well I guess in the next game Lavi can make some line changes on the fly if necessary. I really would be surprised if the Caps let the same behaviour from Frederic continue.
I guess Dillon can fight him. Hathaway, maybe?

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Well I guess in the next game Lavi can make some line changes on the fly if necessary. I really would be surprised if the Caps let the same behaviour from Frederic continue.
I guess Dillon can fight him. Hathaway, maybe?
Its clear as day that little punk wanted our 1st line players to fight and sit 5 min. We are to smart for those games. Go fight Hathaway you little shit stain... Oh and keep your head up bc the Wilson and Ovie train is coming

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Why fight him and take a productive Capital off the ice for 5+ minutes?

Let Frederic do his antics, as he is one of the worst players on the Bruins. They don't need Wilson to protect Ovechkin, Ovechkin knows how to deal with bad players: get quality opportunities against them and hopefully score some goals.

I wouldn't change much of anything from last game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Its clear as day that little punk wanted our 1st line players to fight and sit 5 min. We are to smart for those games. Go fight Hathaway you little shit stain... Oh and keep your head up bc the Wilson and Ovie train is coming

yeah I’d rather 8 and 43 batter him with physicality and Dillon drop the gloves...

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Why fight him and take a productive Capital off the ice for 5+ minutes?

Let Frederic do his antics, as he is one of the worst players on the Bruins. They don't need Wilson to protect Ovechkin, Ovechkin knows how to deal with bad players: get quality opportunities against them and hopefully score some goals.

I wouldn't change much of anything from last game.

I joked about it with @max21 on the main boards, but what if Chara was the one to step up to Frederic :sarcasm:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I joked about it with @max21 on the main boards, but what if Chara was the one to step up to Frederic :sarcasm:

I'd rather no one even acknowledge his presence. He's a terrible player. He shouldn't be an impact player for them. Fighting him only makes him accomplish his goal. The fact is the Capitals don't have any useless plugs in their lineup, so why let him take one of them out of the game for 5+ minutes, or risk breaking a hand/finger during a fight?

I'd rather Laviolette just have a conversation with the refs before the game telling them to be on the lookout for Frederic taking liberties with the Capitals.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I'd rather no one even acknowledge his presence. He's a terrible player. He shouldn't be an impact player for them. Fighting him only makes him accomplish his goal. The fact is the Capitals don't have any useless plugs in their lineup, so why let him take one of them out of the game for 5+ minutes, or risk breaking a hand/finger during a fight?

I'd rather Laviolette just have a conversation with the refs before the game telling them to be on the lookout for Frederic taking liberties with the Capitals.

Well one way to just not let it even get to that point is to score early, score often.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
It seems like our old friend is back in tomorrow. Could be a good thing too, Rask was catching everything last night. Not just blocking, but catching.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Which brings me back to the value of Wilson on the first line as opposed to Sheary. I am confident that the bullshit going on last night would not have happened had 43 been out there.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

You are under the impression that the referees didnt see what happened last night? You think a strongly worded letter would achieve some action? Come on

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
You are under the impression that the referees didnt see what happened last night? You think a strongly worded letter would achieve some action? Come on

Even if it didn't achieve anything, why play into the hands of a no-talent goon? They didn't play into his hands last night, and the Capitals had their most complete performance of the season.

Do the same thing tomorrow night and don't get sidetracked by a clownshow. And that includes leaving Sheary on the top line, because he and that entire line were excellent. Alex Ovechkin doesn't need to be protected, especially since he also had an excellent game individually last night. Just keep everything the same!

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Frederic still doesn't even have 50 games of nhl experience so he's resorting to this type of play a lot in the early goings. I think he settles it down a bit once refs start catching on to his act (seems like they already have, after giving him a roughing minor after taking a shot to the nuts) I mean how many times have we seen Wilson get that sort of treatment where someone commits a legit penalty against him but the refs let it go or just even it out because it's Wilson?

Like we all remember he managed to help his team when he took Wilson off the ice with a fight the other game, and Boston ends up winning. I think he's still riding that high. But eventually, his antics are gonna cost his team a win and there's less pay off for being a pest 100% of the time.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Even if it didn't achieve anything, why play into the hands of a no-talent goon? They didn't play into his hands last night, and the Capitals had their most complete performance of the season.

Do the same thing tomorrow night and don't get sidetracked by a clownshow. And that includes leaving Sheary on the top line, because he and that entire line were excellent. Alex Ovechkin doesn't need to be protected, especially since he also had an excellent game individually last night. Just keep everything the same!

I think your are ignoring a basic fact. That is that Ovechkin and either Backstrom or Kuznetsov are fairly safe from that stuff with Wilson on the ice. If Wilson is out, that stuff doesnt happen. With Sheary there its an invitation.

Last time I checked dropping your gloves to fight when the other player doesnt is a penalty. They let Fred off the hook last night. That sets a tone that they will let him run free tomorrow. Here's a reminder of why.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think your are ignoring a basic fact. That is that Ovechkin and either Backstrom or Kuznetsov are fairly safe from that stuff with Wilson on the ice. If Wilson is out, that stuff doesnt happen. With Sheary there its an invitation.

Last time I checked dropping your gloves to fight when the other player doesnt is a penalty. They let Fred off the hook last night. That sets a tone that they will let him run free tomorrow. Here's a reminder of why.

There is no evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson being on the ice protects anyone from injury.

There is evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson being on the ice in a "protecting" role will lead to matching majors for fighting. There is also evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson is a much, much better player than Trent Frederic. Do you want Tom Wilson sitting in the penalty box for 5+ minutes instead of contributing? Do you want Trent Frederic in the penalty box for a matching major instead of being on the ice where he is a huge liability for the Boston Bruins?

Everything was great last night! I'd like to see it again tomorrow.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There is no evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson being on the ice protects anyone from injury.

There is evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson being on the ice in a "protecting" role will lead to matching majors for fighting. There is also evidence to suggest that Tom Wilson is a much, much better player than Trent Frederic. Do you want Tom Wilson sitting in the penalty box for 5+ minutes instead of contributing? Do you want Trent Frederic in the penalty box for a matching major instead of being on the ice where he is a huge liability for the Boston Bruins?

Everything was great last night! I'd like to see it again tomorrow.

5 minute penalty is a good trade-off if it keeps your stars from being injured by goons, and then off the ice for X number of games.

You may not see "evidence" of this that you can put in a spreadsheet but that doesn't mean it's not true.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
5 minute penalty is a good trade-off if it keeps your stars from being injured by goons, and then off the ice for X number of games.

You may not see "evidence" of this that you can put in a spreadsheet but that doesn't mean it's not true.

What evidence do you have to suggest that putting Tom Wilson alongside star players will prevent them from getting injured? This includes Tom Wilson, who is also a star player for the Capitals.

The conversation is also kind of moot because if Tom Wilson is alongside Ovechkin and Kuznetsov, he is no longer alongside Backstrom and Vrana, who are also star players. I guess Frederic will just run roughshod over them instead.

Unless they put Garnet Hathaway alongside Backstrom and Vrana.

But then that will leave TJ Oshie exposed on the third line, so Frederic will just go after him.

Unless they move Brenden Dillon to the third forward line, move Carl Hagelin to the 3rd defense pairing, and put Conor Sheary on the 4th line.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If you want Trent Frederic to get his face bashed in because it will make you feel good, just say it! There's no need to make up a reason about it helping protect the star players or how it will help the team win. Just say it makes you feel good to see annoying opponents get their clock cleaned!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you want Trent Frederic to get his face bashed in because it will make you feel good, just say it! There's no need to make up a reason about it helping protect the star players or how it will help the team win. Just say it makes you feel good to see annoying opponents get their clock cleaned!

What evidence do you have for this statement?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Even if it didn't achieve anything, why play into the hands of a no-talent goon?

I saw Ov face planted into the boards just before Federic dropped his gloves. If Ov is injured in that face plant and misses games, you dont think that backing that kind of play off isnt a good idea? I recall Backstrom being concussed with a late hit last playoffs. That hurt the team. Wilson was with Kuznetsov at the time. Lee doesnt do that with Wilson there.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->