Post-Game Talk: #33 on 3/3 @ 4pm PST — Whither Chara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Best game caps have played in years. Just two teams playing good hockey against each. The ebs and flows were run to watch. Both teams had their pushes and both teams were able to adjust and limit damage. Shame it had to end in a shootout.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Ovie’s spearing penalty reminded me of a story about Gordie Howe after he retired. He was playing in an old-timers game against some ex-college guys and minor leaguers, who Gordie noticed were a lot younger than the retirees Gordie was playing with. Gordie skates by the opposing bench just before the game starts and says “Ok guys let’s give the crowd a good show” and some punk on the bench says “What’s the matter old man, afraid you can’t keep up.” The whistle blows for the game to start, Gordie and the punk are across from each other. The puck drops, and Gordie spears the kid in the junk, guy doubles over, and Gordie skates by the opponents’ bench and says “Anybody else want to make me look bad?”

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Bruins fan:
That was a helluva good game. That was just two heavyweights going toe-to-toe and trading punches. Might be the two best teams and that game was just so much better than anything I've seen league-wide this season. As a pure hockey fan - that was an excellent game.
That was hockey.
Could be an awesome playoff series. Would be a slugfest.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Honestly though, that's why Ovechkin should have fought him when he asked for it.

That would be a very risky thing to do. The kid Frederic is a little punk and I hope Wilson knocks him out one of these days, but he is a capable fighter - the last thing we need is for Ovie to get concussed.

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Alright. Back to back GDT’s that “worked”.

I will run w it. Me and VV. Start us up?

@tenken00 the universe is safe

tenor.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Just an excellent game all around. The Capitals could have easily won in regulation if Rask weren't at the top of his game.

I also thought that was their most intelligent, patient 3v3 OT of the year. A lot of smart regroups when nothing was happening, and very few defensive breakdowns. It's not a scenario likely to repeat in the postseason, but it was nice to see the hockey sense displayed tonight.

Also Ovechkin was fantastic despite not scoring. Please keep the current lines together, they look sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad