GDT: #32|Pens vs. Devils|Mar. 21 2021 1:00PM EST|Homeland Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Posting this a little early as I'm trying to play some stick and puck at the rink in the morning and may not be here to post it..

1.png

Forwards
LWCRWRating

JAKE GUENTZEL

Rating: 79.0#6 LW

SIDNEY CROSBY

Rating: 82.2#7 C

BRYAN RUST

Rating: 77.0#13 RW
FL1 Rating
Rating: 79.40#3 FL1

EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 71.5#88 LW

JARED MCCANN

Rating: 72.4#72 C

KASPERI KAPANEN

Rating: 71.5#87 RW
FL2 Rating
Rating: 71.79#28 FL2

ZACH ASTON-REESE

Rating: 69.5#143 LW

MARK JANKOWSKI

Rating: 68.7#160 C

SAM LAFFERTY

Rating: 70.4#110 RW
FL3 Rating
Rating: 69.52#30 FL3

COLTON SCEVIOUR

Rating: 69.7#121 LW

FREDERICK GAUDREAU

ANTHONY ANGELLO

Rating: 72.6#69 RW
FL4 Rating
Rating: 70.60#20 FL4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

BRIAN DUMOULIN

Rating: 73.9#36 LD

KRIS LETANG

Rating: 76.7#12 RD
DL1 Rating
Rating: 75.30#11 DL1

MICHAEL MATHESON

Rating: 72.3#68 LD

CODY CECI

Rating: 70.8#94 RD
DL2 Rating
Rating: 71.55#28 DL2

MARCUS PETTERSSON

Rating: 73.6#42 LD

JOHN MARINO

Rating: 74.2#28 RD
DL3 Rating
Rating: 73.91#3 DL3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GOALIES

TRISTAN JARRY

Rating: 68.2#30 G1

CASEY DESMITH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

VS.

Forwards
LWCRWRatings

JANNE KUOKKANEN

Rating: 72.2#77 LW

TRAVIS ZAJAC

Rating: 70.4#123 C

YEGOR SHARANGOVICH
FL1 Rating
Rating: 71.32#31 FL1

JESPER BRATT

Rating: 73.5#41 LW

JACK HUGHES

Rating: 70.0#118 C

KYLE PALMIERI

Rating: 74.3#35 RW
FL2 Rating
Rating: 72.58#26 FL2

MILES WOOD

Rating: 70.3#113 LW

PAVEL ZACHA

Rating: 71.9#87 C

NICK MERKLEY
FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.84#15 FL3

ANDREAS JOHNSSON

Rating: 72.6#53 LW

MIKHAIL MALTSEV

NIKITA GUSEV

Rating: 72.7#65 RW
FL4 Rating
Rating: 72.69#3 FL4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

TY SMITH

DAMON SEVERSON

Rating: 73.8#33 RD
DL1 Rating
Rating: 73.76#23 DL1

DMITRY KULIKOV

Rating: 71.9#78 LD

P.K. SUBBAN

Rating: 72.9#44 RD
DL2 Rating
Rating: 72.41#20 DL2

RYAN MURRAY

Rating: 73.7#40 LD

SAMI VATANEN

Rating: 72.2#56 RD
DL3 Rating
Rating: 72.92#7 DL3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GOALIES

SCOTT WEDGEWOOD

AARON DELL

Rating: 61.9#65 G2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'd love to say I'm looking forward to this game. But every day feels like Groundhog Day in the NHL this year. So with that said, I figured I'd pick a little bit on Sully and some of our elder statesmen here on the board.

tumblr_og7fueGuZV1retk6lo2_500.gif

We're all mourning the loss of half of our top 6. Not Mike. He's never been more excited to coach the Pens. It's the GCR, ZAR, and Jank show! Yeah, baby! I wonder if ZAR makes the coffee in a Keurig or he's got a French Press. What Would Adams Do? So, Sully, just wanted you to know...

iu

ZAR actually played ok last game! I mean, I didn't see it but some people said he played ok. So that makes three good games in the last 4 weeks. That's two more than Jank! We're trending up. But Sully, let ZAR make coffee and kiss up to you during team meetings, but when it comes to the big games...

iu

How good was GCR last game?? Got to give Sid the credit @DocEmrickSkitters never gives him, he led the way. Still, it's not GMR, is it? I guess at the end of the day, this is how I feel about GCR, knowing G is never gonna get Rusty back..

iu

Speaking of Doc, I live for the post-game sniping about Crosby being an average center now, especially compared to God in human form (he wears #97). Also Kuznetsov, apparently. Luckily, we have @Gurglesons to level the playing field and bring (in)sanity to the discussion. I can't help but make the connection...

EntireThirdBlackbear-small.gif

Anyway, enjoy the game and let's go Pens! We'll end this with a little Homelandian H/T to @ColePens, I know he'll know this song...

I awake to find, no peace of mind
I said, how do you live as a fugitive?
Down here, where I cannot see so clear
I said what do I know?
Show me the right way to go

And the spies came out of the water
But you're feelin' so bad 'cos you know
And the spies hide out in every corner
But you can't touch them, no
'Cos they're all spies, they're all spies

I awake to see, that no one is free
We're all fugitives, look at the way we live
Down here, I cannot sleep from fear, no
I said, which way do I turn?
Oh, I forget everything I learn....

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Quality GDT.

Could stand without the personal insults but could be worse: in a lot of parts of the World apostasy gets you executed.

I just get Gurgled.

Edit: speaking of that, "Spies" is nowhere near the best song on that Parachutes album. That thing is a classic, beginning to end.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I really hope HornyV2 gets a chance to play, don't understand why you would sit the HULK that has some speed to his game??? like are you stupid or something? I dunno about anyone else but I'd wanna play that giant.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I really hope HornyV2 gets a chance to play, don't understand why you would sit the HULK that has some speed to his game??? like are you stupid or something? I dunno about anyone else but I'd wanna play that giant.

It's hard not to come to the conclusion that Sully, like Disco Dan, plays guys that remind him of himself in the bottom 6. That leads to guys getting scholarships they haven't earned and a healthy dose of subconscious xenophobia.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Looking at shots at 5v5 for D on a /60 basis - 100 minutes played minimum -

POJ is 29th, Letang 30th, Matheson 38th, Ceci 150th, Dumoulin 156th, Ruhwedel 175th, Pettersson 188th, Marino 219th - that's out of 230. So there appears to be something to what you say, but it's not true for all of them. Some get to go forwards and be heavily involved, some are holding the fort.

To put a little more context to those numbers - POJ is at 6.1 s/60, Matheson 5.78, Ceci 3.88, Marino 2.47.

But shots and aggressive pinching aren't the only way to generate points, as can be seen from Ceci, Dumo and Ruh - three fairly stay at home D for us - having more points than both Matheson (who really has no excuse) and Marino (who might, but probably shouldn't be our least productive dman at p/60 at 5v5 so far). Why? They get assists. They all get nearly twice as many assists for their ice time as Matheson.

None of our dmen have been super productive at 5v5 compared to what we're used to seeing and I think the way we've reined our dmen in from the start of the season, some of the depth issues, Malkin's slow start, they all play a part and you're right to point at some of that... but Matheson is the runt of the litter assist wise, and Marino just the runt full stop.

Also, I wouldn't have posted "save TB and Tanev" if I didn't think I should point out that playing with them was different to Sid and Geno. But, tbf to them, right now Blueger and Tanev are at 1.92 p/60 and 1.88. They are not struggling to score despite their zone starts - they're producing better than Guentzel and Crosby, pro-rated wise. They're actually Matheson's most productive forward line mates.

But the main point is they both get over 50% of their minutes with the top 6 and are bad at 5v5 scoring even by our current standards.

I think my point is better made by saying that Letang has as many points as any other combination that can be made from 2-6.
Cody Ceci is second with 6 points.

If there is something to saying that a lot of this is how we play, how we are not generating our offense that way, then the differences in points/60 is a lot more about luck than anything else. Like POJ getting 60% of his points in 1 game for instance. 2–9 on our D are separated by 4 points, and not a single D-man has a PP point outside of Letang. Seems more of a systematic thing than individual success/failings to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Even if I have no meetings tomorrow morning, there is just no way I am staying up for this version of the Pens against the Devils.

Waking up to two more points will have to do.
Please?

Yeah these games haven't been the best quality. That's for sure. I would be ecstatic for any type of win here. 2 pts would be huge.

Great GDT @Pittsburgh1776 and huge thank you to ALL GDT makers. Been killing it this year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Have to get these points against Devils and Sabres today and later this week...no ifs, ands or buts....with upcoming series against Isles and Bruins (on the road for Bs no less where we haven’t won shit in Boston), we can’t count on wins there with our one-line AHL squad...hopefully Tanev is at least available by next weekend

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->