GDT: [#32] Dallas Stars @ San Jose Sharks, 9:30pm CT [FS-SW]

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Imagine being Josh and Razor and having to sit through and act positive about this game :laugh:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's either Jamie Benn or Jim Nill that has to go before this team makes any progress towards being a contender.

Sad is its easier to get rid of Nill than our awful captain.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No PP for us this game huh

Lol Ritchie and Comeau out get ready for that game tying goal!

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Does this team need a blowout against for something to change?

We clearly have better players in the AHL ready to try and help the secondary scoring. (Even though we haven't even had primary scoring lately)

Something has to change, right?

Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
called it, also Honka is straight up garbage and should never play another game again

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Wonder what the excuse will be this year. I'm sure it will be injuries again but that kinda circles back to the point that even when there are open roster spots due to injury, they keep playing the wrong f***ing players.

I'm sick of watching a team lead by Jamie Benn lose.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wonder what the excuse will be this year. I'm sure it will be injuries again but that kinda circles back to the point that even when there are open roster spots due to injury, they keep playing the wrong ****ing players.

I'm sick of watching a team lead by Jamie Benn lose.

It's funny that we have one of the worst offenses in the league and our young prospects/forwards are one of the biggest reasons the Texas Stars have one of the most dominant offenses in the league.

And yet through all of our struggles...our general manager still has no interest in making room to try and get them up here. I mean we're talking about a guy that won't make room to add free fast, skilled, and young players to our lineup. Once again, COMPLETELY free. We have several players up here right now contributing absolutely nothing to this team and he's too scared to lose them or trade them away.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Monty just said this was Honka's best game of the season..I mean he was fine for the most part but the turnovers once again were just brutal

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Honka's other games this season have been that bad, is all. I thought Honka was pretty good and decisive which is why the coaching staff wants.

No doubt they'll let themselves get home to see what they can do with rest and a better home schedule before making panic moves. But hopefully Seguin eats a benching at some point ( never will happen) to wake him from his $10mil slumber and Nill makes some moves to get Hintz and Gurianov up here permanently. Trade Comeau/Pitlick and get some speed. This is one of the slowest NHL rosters I've seen the Stars ice in a while and its not wonder our shot generation is terrible with guys like Spezza/Comeau/Hanzal plodding up and down the ice.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honka's other games this season have been that bad, is all. I thought Honka was pretty good and decisive which is why the coaching staff wants.

No doubt they'll let themselves get home to see what they can do with rest and a better home schedule before making panic moves. But hopefully Seguin eats a benching at some point ( never will happen) to wake him from his $10mil slumber and Nill makes some moves to get Hintz and Gurianov up here permanently. Trade Comeau/Pitlick and get some speed. This is one of the slowest NHL rosters I've seen the Stars ice in a while and its not wonder our shot generation is terrible with guys like Spezza/Comeau/Hanzal plodding up and down the ice.

Comeau and Pitlick are 2 of our fastest players though

I wouldn't mind if they were gone though lol. Pitlick especially. He's had some decent forechecking at times but has mostly been useless. Comeau has at least been useful on the PK

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
called it, also Honka is straight up garbage and should never play another game again
Glad to see people can actually see this, as opposed to last season when he was supposed to be better than hamhuis and pateryn. Maybe hitch completely broke him, but I thought he looked garbage then too when he actually played. Would gladly have either one of them in his roster spot

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
It's either Jamie Benn or Jim Nill that has to go before this team makes any progress towards being a contender.

Sad is its easier to get rid of Nill than our awful captain.
Yeah, I’m there with you. I’m not a Nill homer by any means, as I think he’s had his misfires — what GM hasn’t? — but I think he’s done a great job overall and it would be a mistake to fire him. And I really like how he treats people, including things like sending players to places they’d like to go. We as fans often forget that the NHL is still about people, and it seems Nill hasn’t forgotten that. I think the Stars have a very competent and respected GM, and it would be hard to upgrade. And I think this is evidenced by the fact that high profile UFAs seriously consider coming to Dallas, like Tavares, even though we can’t make the playoffs.

My opinion for a while now is that there have been very few situations in the past five years where blame/responsibility has been put squarely on the players, especially the core ones. I still like Benn as a player, but he’s also maddening at times and I honestly think he’s do better elsewhere where he’s not the captain. I want him to be successful, but I just don’t think it will happen here anymore. There’s too much baggage being piled on; sometimes you just need a fresh start.

After that, I’d be really curious to see how Seguin and Klingberg especially respond if Benn was moved. Would they “own” this team in a good way? If not, find someone who will. And if you don’t have a GM that’s willing to do that, then that’s the point where Nill needs to go.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Glad to see people can actually see this, as opposed to last season when he was supposed to be better than hamhuis and pateryn. Maybe hitch completely broke him, but I thought he looked garbage then too when he actually played. Would gladly have either one of them in his roster spot
Still an upgrade over Pateryn IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad