tenor.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
B
I was told there would be no math.

I am hoping Shesterkin has a good game tonight. It would be nice to see Igor play in front of the team that is finally clicking and that can give him some goal support.
Better yet, is we are more fundamentally sound lately. Igor on his game WITH good defense, should equate to his 1st NHL shutout and many more to follow.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That would make more sense.

Dom Luszczyszyn at the Athletic always posts stuff based on his advanced stats model, and he actually has us being better the rest of the way than we have been so far.
And we will be. So many different things have gone wrong its actually amazing we are where we are. Kudos to our team for hanging in there. Now, play some cut throat, balls to the wall hockey. Show Philly who is boss, and who is the Rangers bitch.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Because 90% of us are so superstitious that we believe in reverse jinxing. Also its the Law of Rangers, any positive action will be met with an less than equal or opposite action. Its the rule.
Yeah,used to be that way. Now, I Ratelleitlikeitis. (Like someones avatar name here) love it!

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Don't see how YOU, nor anyone else can "beyond a shadow of a doubt" say that the Rangers cannot catch Boston.
They play 17 games in April with 4 b2b's. Those covid cancels will take a toll on them next month. Games in hand doesnt mean automatic wins amounting to 8 pts.

The Rangers just need to win quite a bit more than lose. Shesty's back, our defensive has been short of stingy, PK has been amazing, Zibby playing like he should, Panarin, Strome, Buch have been great & the kids are slowly getting better.
Kravtsov might add an offensive jolt, not counting on it.....but ya' never know. So, lets do this and lets not be so negative Nancy like.

We will pass Philly (a no brainer)

We have a better shot than anyone thinks of surpassing Boston.

Passing Pittsburgh, I highly doubt, unless something unforseen happens and wouldn't wish bad things on even the hated Pens.
Not to mention Diamond Dave’s stellar bench boss duties.

The killer of this team is all those games early where they were clearly the better team, but didn’t even come away with a point to show for it

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm going to drink for this one. I apologize in advance, friends.
I tried NOT drinking during one game. Can't believe what I saw! We beat Philly 9-0 and couldnt even begin to believe that I wasnt drunk and what I witnessed was real.

Edit. Oh wait, I did drink that night. Just ask the neighbors. Screaming like a bitch!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not to mention Diamond Dave’s stellar bench boss duties.

The killer of this team is all those games early where they were clearly the better team, but didn’t even come away with a point to show for it

They've had games where they got points and didn't deserve them too. I don't think this is really a valid excuse anymore as they're probably about even here.

We can point to a ton of reasons why they'll likely come up short, some of them more annoying than others.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
whats the Rangers longest win steak this season, 2? Once they can get on a real roll, and prove they can win these important games, I'll start to believe. Starts with a back to back against the team directly ahead of us in the standings. Need to win these 2 games or its over.
Would behoove them. The time is NOW, agreed. Had they lost to Buffalo, the season would have been over, because that would have been demoralizing. Then again, I would be hard pressed to say that Philly is so much better than Buffalo. Because they're not.
What Philly has that Buffalo doesnt are good leaders. Voracek, Giroux, JVR, Couturier and even Hayes. Buffalo seems almost checked out and may not win another game.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They've had games where they got points and didn't deserve them too. I don't think this is really a valid excuse anymore as they're probably about even here.

We can point to a ton of reasons why they'll likely come up short, some of them more annoying than others.
I mean standings wise. If they got some of those points prior to the injury bug and panarin fiasco, it would be easier to catch boston.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

There were a few games like that but unlike previous seasons where the team would get caved in possession, bad goaltending and poor shooting has resulted in the Rangers this season being on the bad luck side of things. It's been about 30 games, why is it so shocking that it doesn't even out? Some seasons for some teams are luckier than others. This is especially true considering Shesterkin's injury and how bad Georgiev has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->