Sportsnet: 31 Thoughts Podcast: Matthews Camp Offered 3 years x 9 million / Korshkov in the NHL next season?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I just find it funny to see people think Matthews is overpaid when, based on comparables, he is closer to being underpaid according to his stats...

And there is A LOT of room to make that deal look even better.
Matthews is underpaid? Based on what? He was BELOW a ppg over his elc. Every other player who signed for around 15% of the cap had like a 1.25 ppg over their elc, with a high of 110-ish points.

So what the f*** are you talking about?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews is underpaid? Based on what? He was BELOW a ppg over his elc. Every other player who signed for around 15% of the cap had like a 1.25 ppg over their elc, with a high of 110-ish points.

So what the **** are you talking about?
Since Matthews played in 62 and 68 games the previous 2 seasons wouldn't his ppg look a lot better had he played in all 82 games? So that's something else to keep in mind.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Since Matthews played in 62 and 68 games the previous 2 seasons wouldn't his ppg look a lot better had he played in all 82 games? So that's something else to keep in mind.
Huh?
I didn’t say total points. I said points per game average. McDavid missed a similar number of games over his elc. His ppg was 1.25. Not (lol) UNDER a ppg.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
I get that but when you factor in the games Matthews missed the last 2 seasons it would mean his ppg could not increase.

Yeah but on that account, it also couldn't DECREASE. It's easier for a player to get a higher ppg over the less games they play.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That new commercial for Apple with Matthews and Marner is playing a lot on TV.

Never mind the endorsements Matthews gets from Scotiabank.

As for his jersey sells don't all NHL players get a percentage each time they are sold, if they are purchased at team stores or other retailers like Pro Hockey Life or SportChek.

No. I don’t believe that they do. They don’t get a cut. That’s HRR that would be in the cap hit etc

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I get that but when you factor in the games Matthews missed the last 2 seasons it would mean his ppg could not increase.

Ughh you are feeding the trolls. The poster has been wrong for months but just keeps posting the same incorrect things over and over to whomever will be sucked in.

Please for everyone trying to follow the thread just leave it alone. Not worth it. He doesn’t want to understand or discuss anything.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Ughh you are feeding the trolls. The poster has been wrong for months but just keeps posting the same incorrect things over and over to whomever will be sucked in.

Please for everyone trying to follow the thread just leave it alone. Not worth it. He doesn’t want to understand or discuss anything.
The vast majority of people league-wide think that Nylander and Matthews are dramatically overpaid. You're the one in the minority with a stubborn, fringe, simple-minded viewpoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad