GDT: #31 LA Kings @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets - 12/13/18

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm not attempting to establish an agenda here one way or the other.
It's just amazing how that guy is protected , it's always someone else fault. It's Bobrovsky fault, it's "Jones is hurt fault", "Savard is slow fault", "Harrington sucks fault".

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's just amazing how that guy is protected , it's always someone else fault. It's Bobrovsky fault, it's "Jones is hurt fault", "Savard is slow fault", "Harrington sucks fault".
Is he? I've seen a whole heck of a lot of criticism of Werenski's play in the last couple weeks; doesn't seem all that "protected" to me.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Is he? I've seen a whole heck of a lot of criticism of Werenski's play in the last couple weeks; doesn't seem all that "protected" to me.
Oh yes he does, 'He's still young and learning, Torts is ruining his offence'. Even from media folks, i think Alison really tries hard, "So Alison is Jones is better when he's away from Werenski" - " Well, It's complicated" or during podsact.. "Yeah Werenski is struggling a little, but did you know that Seth Jones has bad numbers too?!"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh yes he does, 'He's still young and learning, Torts is ruining his offence'. Even from media folks, i think Alison really tries hard, "So Alison is Jones is better when he's away from Werenski" - " Well, It's complicated" or during podsact.. "Yeah Werenski is struggling a little, but did you know that Seth Jones has bad numbers too?!"
Wait. Wait. "Young and learning" is a legitimate observation. That hardly qualifies as being "protected". If folks were insisting he should stay on the top pairing because of that, that's one thing, but outside of that kind of context it's just a valid reason to not give up entirely on the guy.

Reactions: db2011

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Well its true man, Jones does have some bad numbers ... with Werenski. You have to be fair to Werenski, even Jones has some bad numbers. :laugh:

She didn't mention Jones' great numbers without Werenski?

Reactions: mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well its true man, Jones does have some bad numbers ... with Werenski. You have to be fair to Werenski, even Jones has some bad numbers. :laugh:

She didn't mention Jones' great numbers without Werenski?
Maybe she did, but my ears were already bleeding from all this "yeahh" "ammmm" and "right right right" so i turned it off. :)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I mean come on Werenski is still having a great year I dont think anyone is trying to make excuses for him. Now that people finally laid off Murray people need a whipping boy. Some defenses are legit though look back at mine for Murray when everyone was all over him and I argued that #1 they need to keep him on his actual strong side and stop playingnhim offhand because he cant do it and #2 arguing he needed to play with jones because Jones style meshes perfect with murray he is like a younger Wiz that can actually play defense haha. Murray is a great stay home while the other works their offense. Werenski on the ither hand is learning his identity. I think a big issue is because that rediculous rookie year they tried waaaaaaay to hard to do the rover thing and now they switched his partner up and I think he is thinking to much and they are again chamging his game up to focus more 9n D and not rover as much. He just needs some stability. I 100% believe next year when we get the rad russian over here to be that rock on D like Murray does for Jones our top 4 will be the best in hockey especially U25/26.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Werenski is a good player. However, right now, I don't think he's good enough defensively to be playing with Scott Harrington.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Werenski is a good player. However, right now, I don't think he's good enough defensively to be playing with Scott Harrington.

I think that's kind of the point, make it so Werenski has no choice but to play better defensively. I think he can do it.

Reactions: Viqsi

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think that's kind of the point, make it so Werenski has no choice but to play better defensively. I think he can do it.
It hasn't really worked all year based on my observation. But I think a decent amount of that has to do with the fact that all of a sudden Harrington thinks he can jump up in the play offensively like Z does, when he can't.

Young players are prone to have bad luck/mistakes like Z had last night that led to the GA. I don't think that should be a knock on him. He's definitely capable of playing well defensively, it's his positioning that's a concern to me. Maybe also the fact that he jumps up into the play too soon and gets caught if a breakout doesn't work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad