GDT: [#31] Dallas Stars @ Anaheim Ducks, 9:00pm CT [FS-SW]

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This was the first game where the defense looked really rough , maybe the Pittsburgh game but i thought that was more Khudobin but tonight even with Bishop sucking the defense also was bad.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
DuRmSG4UcAAACcO.jpg

sums up the 3rd period in one picture

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Polak for no reason went through Bishop on the play and dragged him out of position . Fell down right after to make things worse.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
yvndV9E.png

I paused where Lindell stopped moving his feet. Cogliano's fast but Lindell basically stopped putting pressure on Cogliano and gave him tons time and space to make a pass over to Silfverberg.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
yvndV9E.png

I paused where Lindell stopped moving his feet. Cogliano's fast but Lindell basically stopped putting pressure on Cogliano and gave him tons time and space to make a pass over to Silfverberg.

worth noting for those who didnt see the play but Cogliano passed it into the slot at about the middle of the CHOCChickens on sign (i cant read) on the boards

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wish I skipped this one. Why it Dallas has to either be dominant or being getting slaughtered? Glad Pitlick got benched, he wasn’t out there much but made a couple very bad plays.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
yvndV9E.png

Lindell was fine there. You’re just picking nits.

Lindell knows he’s the last guy back, so he’s not going to go be ultra aggressive there because if he goes flying at Cogliano and misses, then Cogliano has a breakaway on Bishop.

Reactions: WhatWhat

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lindell was fine there. You’re just picking nits.

Lindell knows he’s the last guy back, so he’s not going to go be ultra aggressive there because if he goes flying at Cogliano and misses, then Cogliano has a breakaway on Bishop.

He didn’t need to be ultra aggressive but he allowed himself to be dominated in this situation. Cogliano had all day to make a decision because Lindell allowed him to gain zone, poorly angled him into the boards, kept a pretty weak gap and gave him the lane to make an area pass.

Lindell’s skating is one of my major gripes. He’s a low energy player. Just watch him move around the net slowly whailing his stick or trying to get into position.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Lindell wasn't dominated. Cogliano didn't have all day. Cogliano only had the puck on his stick for maybe a second and a half at most.

Lindell contained Cogliano and steered him to the boards. Lindell did his job. Cogliano was forced wide high in the zone and had only two options left: he could throw the puck down the boards or try to throw it to the middle. Thanks to a lucky bounce and Heiskanen getting beat getting back, Cogliano's choice to throw it to the middle ended up in the net.

If Lindell goes balls out trying to meet Cogliano at the puck, there's a pretty good chance Lindell gets beat there.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lindell wasn't dominated. Cogliano didn't have all day. Cogliano only had the puck on his stick for maybe a second and a half at most.

Lindell contained Cogliano and steered him to the boards. Lindell did his job. Cogliano was forced wide high in the zone and had only two options left: he could throw the puck down the boards or try to throw it to the middle. Thanks to a lucky bounce and Heiskanen getting beat getting back, Cogliano's choice to throw it to the middle ended up in the net.

If Lindell goes balls out trying to meet Cogliano at the puck, there's a pretty good chance Lindell gets beat there.

Lindell- incapable of stopping a zone entry due to overall lack of desire to move his feet, allowed Cog way too much time to think and set that play up. Lindell didn’t even look like he was trying to break the pass up because he moves like a sloth

He constantly avoids passing or shot lanes by weakly flailing his stick. His body positioning is awful when defending.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We’re supposed to be this high intensity team or whatever Jim Ms motto is and the ship is steered on the backend by a guy who spends most of his time on the ice gliding, is famous for weak high flick outlet dumps of his own zone and spent all last season riding Klingbergs coattails to 30 points.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You're shitting on him for not being a #1 stud d-man. Well, that's not supposed to be his job, but circumstances have forced him into it temporarily. I don't know what you want from him. He's never going to be Lidstrom. Stop expecting him to be, especially when it's not like there are any alternatives on the roster to take over his minutes.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Lindell- incapable of stopping a zone entry due to overall lack of desire to move his feet, allowed Cog way too much time to think and set that play up. Lindell didn’t even look like he was trying to break the pass up because he moves like a sloth

He constantly avoids passing or shot lanes by weakly flailing his stick. His body positioning is awful when defending.

Your Lindell hate is impressive here. He did exactly what he was supposed to do... He stop skating because he was positioned in a way that forces cog down the line or to dump a weak puck towards the net. He played his man right. Lindell doest have the foot speed to keep up with Cog so had he moved straight towards him cog would have taken the edge and the scoring chance would have been way worse. Miro even does well enough to get back and a stick on the puck, tho straight up intercepting/blocking the pass would have been more ideal. The goal only happens because it bounces off the skaters after the poke and Bishop doesnt track it.

His Body positioning is one of his best attributes and has to be to make up for his weak skating.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You guys applaud Lindell like he's a stud D-man. That's the issue.

He was not in good position. He literally let Cogliano take the zone. He did nothing with his stick or body to pressure Cogliano, who had alllllll day to identify Silf beating Heiskanen and make a pass.

I can't believe you're able to defend such a lazy play by a defenseman. If it was any good player in Lindell's skates, he would've pivoted to have his back toward the net, with a sharper angle to the boards. Lindell had no coverage. He let Cogliano make the pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->