TSN: 31 Bold Predictions - Penguins content

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I think Evgeni Malkin might be my favorite player (that's favourite for the Canadians in the room). I hope he's a monster again. But he sure didn't play like a monster in the preseason. He took one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope Geno plays well and he’s my favorite player too...but let’s be honest: neither he nor Sid are winning the Hart or Art Ross or any other award again...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I hope Geno plays well and he’s my favorite player too...but let’s be honest: neither he nor Sid are winning the Hart or Art Ross or any other award again...
Sadly, I think your right.

Would be nice to see Sid possibly pull out a Selke before he retires but even that’s a stretch.

The Hart will be McDavid’s to lose for the foreseeable future...

Only way they win anything is if the win another Cup and a Smythe.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think either are done making a run for an individual award, it really only comes down to how bad they want it. For the past 3/4 years it has been about winning and sacrificing for said goal.

Like, the team can easily set them up for winning individual awards just by sacrificing winning to a certain degree. If you know your out of it like done with McDavid, you just give more prime ice-time (together) for them to accrue more points. Now that's not PP time but 5 on 5 ice-time.

Essentially, they could run a Guentzel, Crosby and Malkin line and that line should pile up the points together both 5 on 5 plus PP time. If you add PK time in there you now have measures to flood their gains.

I don't really have said favorite anymore. Kessel was my main front runner, and Sid and Geno have been around so long now that they are a given you take for granted they are still here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad