30 For 30: This Magic Moment

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'll have to watch that part of the documentary again, but I vaguely recall them saying Shaq was on the verge of signing an extension and then Alonzo Mourning signed his extension which reset the marketplace. At which point things got messy and LA/Jerry West managed to get involved.

That's what happened

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
O'Neal was never going to stay anyhow. It's one thing for him to say it now in hindsight. He always had his sights set on LA.

Clearly it was a wise move as Hardaway got hurt and was never the same.

I have this taped on the DVR and plan to watch it at some point. But I still need to view some of the 30 for 30 from last year yet.

I'm also guessing that Sacramento Kings documentary may never air at this point.

He was going to sign right up until he found out Alonzo was going to be making more than him

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He was going to sign right up until he found out Alonzo was going to be making more than him

Sgill wa sonly a 4 year deal,meaning he could have signed in LA after all 7 still in his prime.

I found the Mutiny against Hill went for most part untalked about

To me that was as much a reason for Magic faltering as O'Neal leaving

Yes it was a big factor, but so is losing the best center in the league, in his prime. As are your star guards knees giving out. Felt bad for Horace Grant, but then again he still has 3 rings.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Someone stole my Hardaway jersey in junior high :(

Sorry to hear that. I had one as well, a blue one but without the pinstripes. I outgrew it and donated it to the attic/garage sale at my church as part of a fundraiser for a mission trip to New Mexico. I was going to buy it back thinking it might be worth some money one day (like today for instance since the documentary seems to be popular) but somebody bought it before I could get it back. Oh well at least it sold for a good cause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad