Post-Game Talk: #30: FLYERS at Oilers, Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, 9:00 pm ET

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
How did Stolarz look? Upon watching the re-cap it looks like he did another decent job again. Elliot and Neuvirth can get shot to the moon for all i care.

You guys are overreacting a bit, Hakstol might as well be gone and Q might be here by next year after he's done celebrating the holidays. If it isn't a situation like that then an interim should be in place.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How did Stolarz look? Upon watching the re-cap it looks like he did another decent job again. Elliot and Neuvirth can get shot to the moon for all i care.

You guys are overreacting a bit, Hakstol might as well be gone and Q might be here by next year after he's done celebrating the holidays. If it isn't a situation like that then an interim should be in place.

An interim should be in place no matter what.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
It's all kinds of funny. Sometimes dh scoffs at people as amateur fans who have no idea what to do, but then needs their educated guess who should be the next coach, demanding to get concrete names.

As if there was no way there actually is someone better than a f***er who was shit for 288 games straight.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's all kinds of funny. Sometimes dh scoffs at people as amateur fans who have no idea what to do, but then needs their educated guess who should be the next coach, demanding to get concrete names.

As if there was no way there actually is someone better than a ****er who was **** for 288 games straight.

That's the kind of logical consistency you can expect from someone who believes the coach should get all of the credit only for good things.

Reactions: kudymen

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's funny to me that the roster is inarguably improved over last year, our franchise player is still playing out of his mind, and yet the team is byballaaccounts, playing worse.

All the excuses we relied on last year to say Hak wasn't as bad as we thought are gone. At what point do you just have to accept that Hakstol is a major factor in the poor performance of this team?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

As if there was no way there actually is someone better than a ****er who was **** for 288 games straight.

But who?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This whole thing with one persons intentionally awful opinions dominating the topic of discussion is the same phenomenon that got Trump elected President. People just cannot resist feeding the nonsense-machine.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's funny to me that the roster is inarguably improved over last year, our franchise player is still playing out of his mind, and yet the team is byballaaccounts, playing worse.

All the excuses we relied on last year to say Hak wasn't as bad as we thought are gone. At what point do you just have to accept that Hakstol is a major factor in the poor performance of this team?

The team is playing bad, but I'm not sure the roster is improved, overall.

Goalies are worse, which is hard to believe, but true. Worst in the league by a wide margin.
Ghost is visibly slower than last year, I doubt that is due to coaching. There's something wrong with him.
Manning was replaced by Folin, wash. Folin is better defensively, a cipher on offense.

The big upgrade was JVR, but he doesn't fit anywhere. What they needed was a fast RW, not a slow LW.
Vorobyev turned out to be worse than Filppula.
Everyone else is the same, except Couts had a horrid first month due to the MCL

Provorov has regressed, but really no one else.
Patrick may not be scoring as much as last year's second half, but shows great defensive instincts and drive.
Lindblom has been up and down, but he couldn't score to save his life last year.
Sanheim is playing better this year. As is Simmonds.

The PK has finally turned around, but the PP is dreadful, and that's supposed to be Knob's domain.

They overachieved last year, underachieving this year.

I'd say even with a good coach, they're a 95 point team +/- 5 (i.e. 100 if things go right, 90 if things go wrong).
Which is why I don't think even Q can get them to the playoffs this year, they need to play at a 105+ pace now to make the playoffs, and I don't see that kind of talent right now.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Goalies are worse, which is hard to believe, but true. Worst in the league by a wide margin.
Ghost is visibly slower than last year, I doubt that is due to coaching. There's something wrong with him.
Manning was replaced by Folin, wash. Folin is better defensively, a cipher on offense.

The big upgrade was JVR, but he doesn't fit anywhere. What they needed was a fast RW, not a slow LW.

Patrick may not be scoring as much as last year's second half, but shows great defensive instincts and drive.
Lindblom has been up and down, but he couldn't score to save his life last year.

The PK has finally turned around, but the PP is dreadful, and that's supposed to be Knob's domain.

I'd say even with a good coach, they're a 95 point team +/- 5 (i.e. 100 if things go right, 90 if things go wrong).
Which is why I don't think even Q can get them to the playoffs this year, they need to play at a 105+ pace now to make the playoffs, and I don't see that kind of talent right now.

The team has more talent on it than it did last year, and yet they're playing worse.

Isn't it a coaches job to diagnose players who aren't playing to potential, and put them in a position to succeed? You know, this whole '''development' thing he was brought in to do?

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
You guys are overreacting a bit.

No, we are not. Myself I was more patient than a few around here, but the last couple of years with the exception of a couple of stretches have been hard to watch.
This team brings no entertainment value. Watching this team is like having a front row seat to someone getting a root canal.
Losing sucks. It is even worse when the entertainment value is non existent.
We need a coaching purge. Now.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

jvr is truly a terrible fit. the only one that he can play with imo is coots, because coots is the only one that can make up for his inability to play defense.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
JVR was high risk (overall play, salary usage - even with expansion exposure factor), low reward (we already had one of those PP net guys in Simmer, was the signing really going to make PP2 a threat?).

Facepalm signing for sure, yet to really improve the team

Reactions: Jtown

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And other than JVR, what other moves were made?
Letting Manning and Filppula walk, replacing them with Folin and ???.
And both starting goalies got injured in October instead of February.

That's pretty much it, other than Couts' MCL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad