Post-Game Talk: #30 | Flyers at Devils | December 19, 2023 | Flyers win 3-2 (OT)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This Ersson chap is pretty good. I remember the years when Bryzaster could'nt make the "situational saves" that gives their team a winning chance. There were some people actually arguing that basically there was no such phenomenon. Well....Ersson is proving what a logical fallacy that truly was. Mind "bottling"

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Boring game last night, was happy to see Tippett score that goal, though.

Flyers did a great job minimizing chances from an extremely dangerous team, and capitalizing on their chances. They probably didn’t deserve to win that game, but Errson was strong when he needed to be.

A few notes:
-good for Poehling for converting those chances. Hell of a shot on his first.
-Farabee is having a great rebound season visually
-Brink was off last night, but made one hell of a defensive play and quickly transitioned it to offense…of course he had to make that play because of one of his turn overs about 5-seconds before. I really like Brink, and I have said I think he could be an x-factor for this teams’ future. I still think that’s the case. His timing just isn’t quite there all the time, but when it is, he’s awesome.
-Player deployment continues to be an issue imo.

Regarding Farabee.....imagine if he played with solid line mates? Laughton and Cambo ouch! He has been playing really well though. He’d have a lot more points with others. Would love to see him play with Brink and Frost

Ersson is really technically sound in his positioning. I really like his game

He is quick too. Seems like he really anticipates the play which as you referred to, puts him in a good position

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Regarding Farabee.....imagine if he played with solid line mates? Laughton and Cambo ouch! He has been playing really well though. He’d have a lot more points with others. Would love to see him play with Brink and Frost
It would be nice to see Farabee with better linemates, but when they are missing a middle 6 center and Atkinson pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 9, one of the wingers not named TK or Foerster is going to have to bite the bullet.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Yep, there's just lurking dread over knowing the wins will make something stupid more likely.
100% its gunna happen

theyve pretty much already won to many games to actualy consider a real rebuild..

its going to be a " we need to add for the guys, they deserve it"

theres 0.0% chance they actualy rebuild properly.. this season is just gunna be yet another wasted season that bleeds into next just like always.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
It would be nice to see Farabee with better linemates, but when they are missing a middle 6 center and Atkinson pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 9, one of the wingers not named TK or Foerster is going to have to bite the bullet.
I’m thinking OT

Edit: it is cool to see Farabee and third line produce with the center change .

Reactions: VladDrag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad