Proposal: 3 way trade: car-mtl-edm

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Damn the Oilers get hosed badly in this proposal kinda look like they were put in this proposal to steal their valuable asset while receiving a 1 year Patches and a nice 2nd round pick. I hope the Habs pays at least the diner before while the Canes take this and run far far far.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
How is Edmonton the one giving up the first in this scenario..?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
WTF????

Does the new Canes GM have pictures of Bergevin & Chia in compromising positions with sheep or something?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Went in thinking ‘oh boy a three way trade, who’s getting f***ed?’

... Edmonton. It’s Edmonton getting f***ed. We give up the significantly younger, more positionally important, recently much better and signed for much longer player for a pending free agent LW coming off an awful season and climbing a whole what four spots in the 2nd round?

Edmonton passes with extreme prejudice.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Went in thinking ‘oh boy a three way trade, who’s getting ****ed?’

... Edmonton. It’s Edmonton getting ****ed. We give up the significantly younger, more positionally important, recently much better and signed for much longer player for a pending free agent LW coming off an awful season and climbing a whole what four spots in the 2nd round?

Edmonton passes with extreme prejudice.
You missed the part where he had he Oilers first going to Carolina before he edited it.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
This is essentially saying rnh = patches = hanafin and people will definitely disagree with that.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
This is essentially saying rnh = patches = hanafin and people will definitely disagree with that.

I agree. If Patches had 3-4 years left on his contract, value would be good.

The only thing i could see as a possible trade is Mtl giving both their early 2nd rounds.

So it would go like this:

To Mtl : Hanifin
To Carolina : RNH + Mtl 2018 2nd rounder
To Edmonton : Pacioretty + Chi 2018 2nd rounder

Even then, Edmonton would need to have a guarantee of resigning Pacioretty before making deal.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Ahh, I see now it is in fact two spots higher than ours.

I’d definitely move Hanifin for a 2C to upgrade my second round pick by two spots in that case.

Not sure if sarcastic but if 2 spots isn't enough, in my scenario in the post above, it is a 7 spot upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad