Proposal: 3-way trade, Athanasiou to St. Louis, Georgiev to Detroit

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I could think Detroit is interested getting a young goaltender, but don't think Rangers have any interest for Athanasiou.

St. Louis could add a scoring winger, so how about a 3-way:

Athanasiou --> STL

STL 1st ---> NYR

Georgiev + NYR 3rd --> DET

Could include some smaller pieces pieces to even the values.

- STL pays a low Contender 1st for Athanasiou.
- Detroit pays that "contender 1st" value for Georgiev. Think 2nd was the right price, so there's the 3rd to even values.

Rangers hang up the phone.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If you look at numbers between Zucker and AA over the last couple 2ish seasons they are actually similar. Zuckee is a better player on a cost controller deal but AA is still worth a late first as he will be RFA this summer. A backup goalie not so much.

If St.Louis wants AA we will deal directly with them as we have already this season.
We don't want aa not at all

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lol AA would not fit the way we play. We actually have team structure and play a smart puck management game....none of which he can do

We have structure too, Pierre McGuire couldn't shut up about it the other night! We see the puck in our zone, make a questionable play and watch it fly into our net! If that isn't structure not sure what is!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
aa makes hockey games fun to watch, Detroit should lock him down cheap after this horrible year.
Honestly i could see AA getting something around 4 x 4.5 I know he doesn't even deserve that much. But his agent is still Darren Freaking Ferris and i'm pretty sure he'll allude his bad play to being on a garbage team. And you can't deny that fact.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
We have structure too, Pierre McGuire couldn't shut up about it the other night! We see the puck in our zone, make a questionable play and watch it fly into our net! If that isn't structure not sure what is!
hahahah THE PUCK STRUCTURALLY WAS PUT IN OUR NET!!! YAY

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
you dont trade a guy with game breaking skills for a 2nd.

In all fairness there has been about 0 of that this season. Not sure what it is, but the game breaking speed he is known for has been invisible this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->