5 / 0.4

Buyouts / Buried contracts

based on 73 million dollar salary cap - Leafs cap space = 4.502

used nhlnumbers.com for Leafs players cap hits

thoughts?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Each one of these would be shot down by every other team...except maybe the Bolts. And why are we targeting another winger?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Each one of these would be shot down by every other team...except maybe the Bolts. And why are we targeting another winger?

You do whatever is necessary to make this team better. If it means an upgrade on the wing to what we already have, do it. The goal is to get better all around. Not targeting specifics.

Last edited:

EC

Nov 10, 2016

why though?

COL gets blue chip AHL all star prospect former 1st rounder 2 years removed. has played with Rantanen. Has speed which fits in with their club as well as a 1st & 2nd

ANA gets a gritty AHL all star winger who could play up and down their lineup

TBL deal expansion exempt player (huge for them with lots of potential players they'll have to expose) for an expiring contract...make sense if they are sellers at deadline

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Colorado won't trade Landeskog for another winger like Kapanen. They would just keep Landeskog.

From all the media to Joe Sakic himself, everyone has been consistent that the Avs would look to trade Landy/Duchene only for defensive help. Otherwise, as in this proposal, they would just keep the player.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
why though?

COL gets blue chip AHL all star prospect former 1st rounder 2 years removed. has played with Rantanen. Has speed which fits in with their club as well as a 1st & 2nd

TBL deal expansion exempt player (huge for them with lots of potential players they'll have to expose) for an expiring contract...make sense if they are sellers at deadline

1st, if we are dealing our 1st, it's for defense because yes, you do address needs.

2nd, the Ducks really value manson..as they should. I would do cartwheels if we could get him for leipic...which means it heavily favors TO.

The Tampa one is probably close...

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
ANA gets a gritty AHL all star winger who could play up and down their lineup.

The Ducks just waived a very good AHL'er in Noesen. Id imagine they'd want something more substantial coming back. And no, taking on Despres' contract isn't that much of a difference maker here.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
why though?

If we're moving one of Landeskog or Duchene we expect back a blue chip defensive prospect and a package like what you listed there. I personally like KK but I just don't see him having the value to pull someone like Landeskog. There is very little that Toronto could give Colorado to get a player like Landeskog because you, like us, have holes in your defense and wouldn't be willing to move the kind of player it would take.

When you consider the names that have been thrown around for Landeskog, you'll see that Nikita Zaitsev wouldn't even be enough to get us to budge.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That is an incredibly weak offer for Manson. Every team has prospects like Leipsic, he's not going to be the starting point of a trade to bring back a key contributor, especially not a top 4 RHD.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
why though?

Would you trade Nylander or Marner for that package?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ducks and Avs get hosed in both their deals. Haha

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
all 3 deals are bad for varying reasons
1st deal... forget value for a moment which personally I think favors Col., as Kapanen has 60pt potential himself.
the Leafs are considering dealing JVR, why would they pick up Landeskog who is essentially the same player on a more expensive contract and brings nothing new to the Leafs ...yes, he is skilled and a few years younger than JVR, but, also redundant as we have a few wingers ready and waiting ...he may be a bargain in a few seasons, but, he hasnt hit 30 goals yet. If the Leafs do deal JVR, then as a JVR replacement, then he could be a 'fit' but, i do not think his value should be as high as it is.
deal 2, the value is just off by miles, Leafs make out like bandits
3rd deal is a waste for Toronto, as it makes the Leafs less talented and more expensive I'd do it in a second from the TB POV

KTG

Mar 6, 2015
The trade for Boyle is the only one feasible for now, and its definitely a deadline type of deal. I do think the Leafs should aim for Manson, but that would be the kind of deal best to happen before the expansion draft after the playoffs, and you would have to offer more than Leipsic (the ducks are going to want expansion exempt assets, Leipisic isn't exempt). I wouldn't touch Landeskog. The price is gonna be stupid high, and what has he really done to prove he deserves that kind of aqisititon cost? I would rather keep JVR and resign him than work on acquiring Landeskog.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
How about the leafs 1st and maybe a + for Vatanen? Helps out ANA with cap and expansion draft and Toronto gets a good D

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
all 3 deals are bad for varying reasons
1st deal... forget value for a moment which personally I think favors Col., as Kapanen has 60pt potential himself.
the Leafs are considering dealing JVR, why would they pick up Landeskog who is essentially the same player on a more expensive contract and brings nothing new to the Leafs ...yes, he is skilled and a few years younger than JVR, but, also redundant as we have a few wingers ready and waiting ...he may be a bargain in a few seasons, but, he hasnt hit 30 goals yet. If the Leafs do deal JVR, then as a JVR replacement, then he could be a 'fit' but, i do not think his value should be as high as it is.
deal 2, the value is just off by miles, Leafs make out like bandits
3rd deal is a waste for Toronto, as it makes the Leafs less talented and more expensive I'd do it in a second from the TB POV

So there's this thing called defense...

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
I'd do the COL one in a heartbeat, which means they wouldn't. Anaheim wouldn't do the Manson one cause they value him a lot, and I'd rather not give up a middle-six guy like Sosh for 4th line centre while Goat has been performing up to expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->