Eklund Rumor: 3 team trade - NYR, TOR, & CAR (MOD WARNING, POST 11)

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Wow, 5+ sources?

It's a wonder none of them have talked to McKenzie, or Friedman, or Lebrun about this
[MOD] He has proven time and time again that he is not at all, even remotely, connected to anyone with any insights into the Canes franchise.

Although I will say, when JR was the GM, he routinely linked former players as heading back to Carolina which was pretty likely given JR's propensity for recycling.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
[MOD] in no way would i send Mac to the leafs

Last edited by a moderator:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I think Nash is a good fit for the Hurricanes. He goes to a playoff contending team and stays relatively close to home. If he performs well Carolina can pay him a lot and they need the scoring and leadership. A lot of people were surprised Semin signed with them and for a big contract.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I think Nash is a good fit for the Hurricanes. He goes to a playoff contending team and stays relatively close to home. If he performs well Carolina can pay him a lot and they need the scoring and leadership. A lot of people were surprised Semin signed with them and for a big contract.

I'm not sure using Semin as a comp is a good idea.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Would not give up Faulk or a first for JVR

Faulk, a first and more for rentals? Ugh, count me out of either of those for a rental. There's a better chance our 1st is a lottery pick than not.

Tricky situation for a team like Carolina if they are going after JVR. I see five (5) teams all vying for a wildcard spot - NJ, CBJ, NYR, NYI and even Florida -> 1 out 5 odds. Goaltending would be team need that needs to be addressed I would think.

Maybe the thought process is that your going to be able to sign JVR?

Otherwise and if not, giving up assets for 22 games of JVR is a big price and a pretty big risk & gamble.

Having said that, it would be good for my Leafs to get something for him as I think he's going to walk this summer. If we make some noise in the playoffs, it will help us feel it was worthwhile.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Semin signed in Carolina because nobody else wanted him at the price the Canes paid. It was late July, long after the key UFAs signed.

Then Rutherford made the mistake of extending that contract after only a handful of games, which ended up being disastrous.

As RodtheBod said, not a good choice of an example.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Tricky situation for a team like Carolina if they are going after JVR. I see five (5) teams all vying for a wildcard spot - NJ, CBJ, NYR, NYI and even Florida -> 1 out 5 odds. Goaltending would be team need that needs to be addressed I would think.

Maybe the thought process is that your going to be able to sign JVR?

Otherwise and if not, giving up assets for 22 games of JVR is a big price and a pretty big risk & gamble.

Having said that, it would be good for my Leafs to get something for him as I think he's going to walk this summer. If we make some noise in the playoffs, it will help us feel it was worthwhile.
4 teams, the Rangers are clearly out.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Isn't is allegedly a buyer's market? A good player and a 1st rounder for a rental of the age and level of Nash is pretty much a fantasy. He'd fit well on Carolina for the rest of the year, but we are not close enough to true contender status to make this deal. And if we did, I'd be shocked if anything but futures were involved for a rental. Now is an ROR, Hoffman, or maybe even Brassard were in the mix, that's a different story.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Very interested to see why these would need a three way in order to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad