Eklund Rumor: 3 team trade - NYR, TOR, & CAR (MOD WARNING, POST 11)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I feel like Mark Recchi did this exact same thing to Carolina back in the day...

Carolina though had zero intent on signing him. He was simply brought in because of Cole getting hurt at that time as a pure rental. Canes couldn't even keep other core players after the cup win so signing Recchi (and Weight) wasn't really ever an option.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
I've been thinking about this too; JVR would be a much better add than Nash IMO. What do we have that NYR would want if you have McDonagh going to Leafs and JVR to the Canes?

Maybe Faulk and a 1st (add more idk?) or something like that goes to Toronto, Toronto gives up Canes first to New York in a package for Nash McDonagh and co., Nash ends up in Carolina?

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Maybe Faulk and a 1st (add more idk?) or something like that goes to Toronto, Toronto gives up Canes first to New York in a package for Nash McDonagh and co., Nash ends up in Carolina?

I would be mad if they gave Faulk and a 1st for Nash; that may be worth it for JVR...

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Faulk, a first and more for rentals? Ugh, count me out of either of those for a rental. There's a better chance our 1st is a lottery pick than not.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Is he saying it’s a 3 team trade? In the last 10 years how many 3 team trades have there been?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Is he saying it’s a 3 team trade? In the last 10 years how many 3 team trades have there been?

There was one (officially 2 separate deals but in essence, a 3 team trade) that had POS going to Edmonton, Justin Williams to LA, and Erik Cole? going to Carolina in 2009.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

You posted this like you were serious. Whats the catch?

danfromwaterloo

Dec 16, 2010
To get McDonaugh, the Leafs are going to be giving up a solid prospect and a 1st (at least). I'm worried...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad