Eklund Rumor: 3 team trade - NYR, TOR, & CAR (MOD WARNING, POST 11)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Has Eklund ever broke a trade?

IIRC he's broken some Flyers stuff before and does/used to have a source in the Philly organization.

The other 30 teams though? Nadda, with the exception of educated guesses that all of us posters do as well

Reactions: AnimalFear

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I just did a bit of cleaning here. As a reminder per the Board Specific Rules for the Trade Board:

• Validity of Sources - Please do not post in threads simply to bash the source. Critiquing the validity of the source is fine, as long as it is civil and the post does not simply flame the writer and/or source. For example, posts such as "Eklund is trash", "Dreger is stupid", etc. are not allowed, but you can criticize the validity of the source as long as you are respectful and on-topic. Do remember that you do not have to click on any links or read through any threads - you do so on your own accord. If you are caught bashing the same source multiple times and providing no actual content, you may be subject to warnings, infractions, and forum-bans.

Carry on, within those guidelines or don't participate. There's a reason we give various sources, (Eklund, McKenzie, Dreger, LeBrun, etc) tags.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Eklund...

I'm pretty sure Nash doesn't want to play for the Canes
There's been conflicting reports on that in the past, but of course back then the Canes weren't too far separated from actually being a playoff team. Can't imagine he'd NOT have the Canes on his no-trade list right now, but then again I can't possibly see Francis doing a pure rental move either.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can't see Nash having the Canes as a place he wouldn't mind going to in a trade unless he has family ties there. They're not really close to contender status, despite having some nice building block pieces.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I can't see Nash having the Canes as a place he wouldn't mind going to in a trade unless he has family ties there. They're not really close to contender status, despite having some nice building block pieces.

I agree with you.
Do you think a team can make a hand shake agreement with a guy and promise that they will resign him in the off season if he is a good soldier and accepts a trade to a place he doesn't necessarily want to go for a couple of months?

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
I agree with you.
Do you think a team can make a hand shake agreement with a guy and promise that they will resign him in the off season if he is a good soldier and accepts a trade to a place he doesn't necessarily want to go for a couple of months?

I feel like Mark Recchi did this exact same thing to Carolina back in the day...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
While I don't think Nash is persona non grata and vice versa w/Canes, I don't see them splurging on an improvement piece now if it is not a build asset as opposed to a rental.

If Preds and others pay more, why Nash to Car, unless it was for a specifically needed piece for a deal? But NY has other 'build' assets, Zibanejad, who is likely way too expensive, and F JT Miller who has RFA upcoming. I could see moderated splurge on Miller including theoretical asset NY sends to Leafs, or uses to replace asset sent to Leafs [besides McD]. Zucarello also a fit, tho the ability of Miller to play all 3 Fs is more appealing.

Not sure what specific players are involved.
It sounds like maybe Rangers are adding to McD to get Nylander/+?
Maybe LL is being overruled, and a rental guy like Grabner is being added to a build prospect from Canes, perhaps a D, for JT?

Anyhoo,
my premise stands
2 yrs McD = 2018 + 2019 1sts
do McD retained at half, add a prospect with 1st value

we will see...

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
IIRC he's broken some Flyers stuff before and does/used to have a source in the Philly organization.

The other 30 teams though? Nadda, with the exception of educated guesses that all of us posters do as well
"Nadda" is with one D. :sarcasm:

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
*qdp*

Just for argument sake, can't see Nash being the only piece coming here, that doesn't really fix anything. I'd like to see JVR added, but I have no idea how much we'd give up in a three-way trade like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Just for argument sake, can't see Nash being the only piece coming here, that doesn't really fix anything. I'd like to see JVR added, but I have no idea how much we'd give up in a three-way trade like this.

I've been thinking about this too; JVR would be a much better add than Nash IMO. What do we have that NYR would want if you have McDonagh going to Leafs and JVR to the Canes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad