Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars of the Game for 12/27 vs. DAL

Who were the three best players for the Blues against Dallas?

• Schenn

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Hayes

• Toropchenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas

• Saad

• Kyrou

• MacEachern

• Kapanen

• Neighbours

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sundqvist

• Blais

• Buchnevich

• Leddy

• Scandella

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Krug

• Perunovich

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Parayko

• Faulk

• Hofer

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
@HighNote Reminded me of when we used to do this. Ideally we would've started it at the beginning of the year, but "c'est la vie." Everyone votes for their three stars of the night. The player with the most votes receives 3 points, second most receives 2 points, and third most receives 1 point. I'll leave the poll open for a day and keep a running tally going for the rest of the year.

I only got to see the first period of the game, so I will abstain from voting for this game. Feel free to discuss your picks. Poll is listed by jersey number with a divide between forward, D, and goaltender because that's the way NHL.com does it in their box scores.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Missed doing these! Think the voters got this right in the game, but there's a good argument for Neighbours as well IMO.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Results are in: Hofer takes home 3 points, Perunovich 2, and Neighbours 1. Good game for the kids. If I had started this at the beginning of the year I assume Thomas or Binnington would be leading(probably Thomas because he plays every game), but I don’t know who would be third. Probably Buch?

Reactions: Reality Czech

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Results are in: Hofer takes home 3 points, Perunovich 2, and Neighbours 1. Good game for the kids. If I had started this at the beginning of the year I assume Thomas or Binnington would be leading(probably Thomas because he plays every game), but I don’t know who would be third. Probably Buch?
Probably Thomas- Binner- Neighbours. Buch hasn't been nearly as effective this year as he was the last two years.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I'd say Parayko has been our 3rd most important player this year, but guys rarely get a star of the game simply for having a strong game on defense. I agree it's likely that Buch would be third even though he's been fairly inconsistent this year. I guess who hasn't been inconsistent on this team this season?

Reactions: Blueston

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'd say Parayko has been our 3rd most important player this year, but guys rarely get a star of the game simply for having a strong game on defense. I agree it's likely that Buch would be third even though he's been fairly inconsistent this year. I guess who hasn't been inconsistent on this team this season?
In the past, I've done this thing where I have a notepad with every player who is in the lineup on it and I put an X on the right of their name if they make a good play and an X on the left if they make a bad play. Sometimes if it's a great play/terrible play, I do two X's. It gives me a good idea by the end of the game who I thought played well or who played terribly. It's a good way to keep track of the good plays that some of the less-flashy guys make because by the end of the game sometimes all you can remember are the big moments. This way you have a player like Thomas who could get credit for an amazing pass that the recipient maybe fumbled or missed the net with or a guy like Parayko having a quietly solid defensive game.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
In the past, I've done this thing where I have a notepad with every player who is in the lineup on it and I put an X on the right of their name if they make a good play and an X on the left if they make a bad play. Sometimes if it's a great play/terrible play, I do two X's. It gives me a good idea by the end of the game who I thought played well or who played terribly. It's a good way to keep track of the good plays that some of the less-flashy guys make because by the end of the game sometimes all you can remember are the big moments. This way you have a player like Thomas who could get credit for an amazing pass that the recipient maybe fumbled or missed the net with or a guy like Parayko having a quietly solid defensive game.
That’s a straight up committed blues fan there. Respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad