Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars of the Game for 1/11 vs. NYR

Who were the three best players for the Blues against New York?

• Schenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayes

• Toropchenko

• Thomas

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Saad

• Kyrou

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Walker

• Kapanen

• Neighbours

• Sundqvist

• Blais

• Buchnevich

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Leddy

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Scandella

• Krug

• Perunovich

• Kessel

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Parayko

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Binnington

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Last game had the following three stars:

Schenn-83%
Neighbours-50%
Saad-33%

Who do you think were the three best Blues tonight?

Current standings:

Current standings:

Thomas-9
Parayko-8
Binnington-5
Hofer-3.5
Schenn-3
Neighbours-3
Perunovich-2
Leddy-1
Saad-1
Kyrou-.5

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Kyrou and Binny were the easy ones. Could’ve gone with any of Thomas, Buch, Parayko for the 3rd, but I’ll throw it to Kessel. Had the 3rd most 5v5 minutes on the team tonight and was solid the whole game. Great to see from the rookie.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Parayko played 28:25 tonight and was a +2 with an assist. I can throw him a vote, after the obvious. Though Buchnevich I think probably deserves one too.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I went Kyrou and Binnington for the obvious, and then Thomas as the third. Buch had a great game as well.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I really didn't want to vote for a 3rd star. I wish that "the PP" or "special teams" was an option, because that would have been my 3rd star behind Kyrou and Binner. I think there are about a half dozen guys that you could justify as the 3rd star last night, but I went Parayko because Bannister tapped him to be a true all situations #1 and he responded with flying colors.

He was our most used D man at even strength by almost 2 minutes (over his own partner), was on the top PP unit and was on the top PK unit that played almost 3 extra minutes more than the 2nd PK unit. His 28:25 TOI was 4 minutes clear of Leddy and 8+ minutes clear of the 2nd pair. He was out there damn-near half the game and his O-zone start rate was less than 30% at 5 on 5. He held arguably the league's best LW off the scoresheet at even strength.

Binner was great and deserves plenty of credit for holding Panarin quiet. But that was a no-doubt #1 D man performance from Parayko last night.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I really didn't want to vote for a 3rd star. I wish that "the PP" or "special teams" was an option, because that would have been my 3rd star behind Kyrou and Binner. I think there are about a half dozen guys that you could justify as the 3rd star last night, but I went Parayko because Bannister tapped him to be a true all situations #1 and he responded with flying colors.

He was our most used D man at even strength by almost 2 minutes (over his own partner), was on the top PP unit and was on the top PK unit that played almost 3 extra minutes more than the 2nd PK unit. His 28:25 TOI was 4 minutes clear of Leddy and 8+ minutes clear of the 2nd pair. He was out there damn-near half the game and his O-zone start rate was less than 30% at 5 on 5. He held arguably the league's best LW off the scoresheet at even strength.

Binner was great and deserves plenty of credit for holding Panarin quiet. But that was a no-doubt #1 D man performance from Parayko last night.
thank you for spotlighting this. parayko is looking more and more like what we thought he was when petro left. a slavin-type 1d. not at the level of a makar or miro, and not good enough to carry us to Cup without much more help, but having him anchoring 1 pair and the mythical 1d we are chasing (basically a young petro) anchoring the other, that is basis of dang good d that you can fill out with (younger) leddy and a (younger) marco or whomever and guys like kessel on 3rd pair. i think lindstein is the leddy guy and perhaps we already have someone else in system (burns, loof, etc.. ) who can fill marco role or otherwise we can hopefully get that in 2nd this year.

not saying this is going to be easy, but parayko's resurgance makes this path much easier to envision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad