GDT: #3: Sharks 8 at FLYERS 2, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Nonsensically switching forward lines after 2 games seems desperate. They are 1-1, it isn't like we are 0-5 to start the season. Let the lines build some chemistry. Maybe these new lines spark some 5v5 offense. But, two mediocre games later and Hak will take out his blindfold and throw in another wrench.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don't think it should be looked at as a demotion for TK. Nolan needs something to get him going. TK is pure fire and his best buddy. For me, this is more about Nolan than TK. We desperately need Nolan to wake up.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't think it should be looked at as a demotion for TK. Nolan needs something to get him going. TK is pure fire and his best buddy. For me, this is more about Nolan than TK. We need Nolan to wake up.
The problem is it shows he's scapegoating these players as the problem, while praising the guys who are the actual reason we lose games.

These lines needed a change, but Folin was "solid" and MacDonald earned more icetime after game 1?

Reactions: Garbage Goal

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
MacDonald is horrific, year after year? No change, he’s the #3.

Meanwhile, the top 6 gets messed up after 2 games, for absolutely no reason. :laugh:

The people defending this guy should be so incredibly embarrassed...

It’s Stockholm syndrome with MacDonald. Nothing else.

Randy Jones of the modern era.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
To be clear, these lines may or may not work but that’s besides the point. It’s just another move made with completely arbitrary reasoning and, as usual, one of our best young players gets the short end of it for some reason.

Why scratch Gudas? No reason, it’s just predetermined. Why demote Konecny? Because our D lost us one game. Everything this guy does is just arbitrary f***ing nonsense. Whether these lines work or not it doesn’t change why he’s doing it or how predictably bad it is in most contexts.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nitpicking once again, both top lines are playing below par, Voracek is in an awful funk and dragging his linemates down (4 SC for, 16 against when he was on the ice against the Avs), so why wouldn't you make a change? It's not like Voracek hasn't played with G and Couts before, and as Stizzle points out, Patrick and TK are tight.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The problem is it shows he's scapegoating these players as the problem, while praising the guys who are the actual reason we lose games.

These lines needed a change, but Folin was "solid" and MacDonald earned more icetime after game 1?

Yes, Hak is a loser and I hate him. But looking at Nolan independently from all other players, he was bad in the preseason and bad the 1st 2 regular season games. I don't think flopping Jake & TK is exactly scapegoating. Nolan isn't getting thrown under the bus. He's just getting a different style of winger to play with. One that is perpetual energy.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes, Hak is a loser and I hate him. But looking at Nolan independently from all other players, he was bad in the preseason and bad the 1st 2 regular season games. I don't think flopping Jake & TK is exactly scapegoating. Nolan isn't getting thrown under the bus. He's just getting a different style of winger to play with. One that is perpetual energy.
If he’s making the swap to get Patrick going then that means he thinks Patrick’s play is a problem.

But the fact that he changes NOTHING else shows he thinks it’s the only problem.

That’s the issue. He thinks that Patrick is a problem, but guys like Mac or Folin aren’t.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
no problem with Switching TK and Jake. Maybe helps just start Jake and Patrick. Not that I think they have been bad or close to it. My concern was Patrick was being targeted by the Avs as the line to get their top line out against. So TK is going to help in coverage as well. but we are home so last change

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
On top of the stupidity of thinking these players need to be switched, but the D trash are great, ITS BEEN TWO GAMES. :laugh:

Making a change to lines that have a long history of working well, based on a two game sample size, is idiotic.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Like I said, it’s kind of besides the point as far as the Hak criticism goes. Doesn’t change that the awful vets continue to escape criticism, that this is a panic change after literally just two games and 1-1 record, and this is the same arbitrary shit he always pulls. It’s not even a panic change after two games, it’s a panic change two games in to boost a player in his sophomore year that wasn’t the reason we lost last game. That’s even giving Hak the benefit of the doubt that he did this purely to boost Patrick, which I doubt.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, Hakstol should ream Voracek and his -18.4 CorsiRel to the press.
Along with MacDonald -9.2, Ghost -6.9 and Provorov -5.2.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Top6 mix up looks weird but if G-Couts-Voracek are any close to last year's beasting, it could at least be fun

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If he’s making the swap to get Patrick going then that means he thinks Patrick’s play is a problem.

But the fact that he changes NOTHING else shows he thinks it’s the only problem.

That’s the issue. He thinks that Patrick is a problem, but guys like Mac or Folin aren’t.

Well, Nolan's line has been a problem. No rational person is freaking out about it or anything. It's only 2 games. TK could help.

Dude, we know Hak has blinders for his pet players, like AMac. But he's back to scratching Folin after his egregiously stupid move of sitting Gudas on Saturday night. If he actually played Folin vs SJS, I'd care.

Hak rarely (never?) buries veteran players publicly. Just because he said Folin was solid (lol) doesn't mean much. Let his ice time going forward be the judge of how Hak actually views him.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Imagine for a second that you think A mac is equal to Ghost and Provy.

That is someone you should feel sorry for as there are def some mental issues.

That's Jeff for you. Pretty sure our coach thinks AMac is our second best defenseman (after Provorov) - he and Provy are the only two he won't healthy scratch

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine for a second that you think A mac is equal to Ghost and Provy.

That is someone you should feel sorry for as there are def some mental issues.

" Doesn’t change that the awful vets continue to escape criticism"

These are the veterans playing "awful."

Shouldn't they all be criticized and the coach avoid playing favorites? :sarcasm:

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
" Doesn’t change that the awful vets continue to escape criticism"

These are the veterans playing "awful."

Shouldn't they all be criticized and the coach avoid playing favorites? :sarcasm:
Who are you thinking of? Which vets are you wanting to call out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->