GDT: #3| San Jose Sharks @ New York Islanders | October 8th | 1:00 PM | F/W 4-0

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
This team is a lot more fundamentally and positionally sound so far. PP looks strong, just gotta finish off a couple of these chances.

Reactions: SI90

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I noticed that towards the end of the Preds game that he was trying to dance his way into the zone (once against P.K.) and overall trying to do too much. A lot like the last #1 center. I'm sure Trotz had words with him after that.

I'm sure he will have some words. And this time around, those words won't be "yabba dabba doo".

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Special teams are definitely a strength so far

In the predictions leading up the season I was all over this, Lou brought in excellent penalty killers, new staff and the PP kept Gomez and it ran through Barzal and Bailey last year.

If we can be top 10 in both we will make the playoffs I believe.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Great kill gave us some momentum there.

We had good looks but couldn't convert on the PP.

Still a little shaky in our own zone.

Defense needs better gap control

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Yeah it was obvious San Jose was all over them like white on rice. Very predictable at 5v5 and on the powerplay, still a lot of tunnel vision on the breakouts and in the neutral zone.

Everyone except for Barzal is having issues carrying the puck in and it’s because of their predictable breakouts.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yeah it was obvious San Jose was all over them like white on rice. Very predictable at 5v5 and on the powerplay, still a lot of tunnel vision on the breakouts and in the neutral zone.

Everyone except for Barzal is having issues carrying the puck in and it’s because of their predictable breakouts.

The second line is awkward. Guys are playing responsible but aren’t generating any offense. We need a legit 2nd line center. Nelson actually has held his own but I just don’t se those 3 creating much offense together

Reactions: bigtim1988

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
AJ calling out Pulock for shooting wide lol.

I like her so far, very knowledgeable and I like that we have someone between the boards on a consistent basis. Be very happy if we got Parrish on board for that but be even happier if he is eventually sitting in Butch's seat

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Both teams seem a half step off. Must be the Matinee thing.

We are playing much better than years before..Lets get this win!

I can see Nelson working, but nothing happening.,,

Equinsu Ocha

Oct 21, 2017
Winston Salem, NC
Isles hand out first career goals like Oprah.

Unrelated to hockey, I love your avi, name and that movie. "THE GREAT WHITE BAT HAS GREAT WHITE GUANO!"

I've had many names on here.

I tend to change them with the new season.

I forgot everything associated with my log-in, so I decided to make a whole new account.

Recently I was
Last season I was Space Herpe
And before that, Crazy Ivan

I was the one who really started using the animated gifs on here, especially:
Red-Siren-Animated.gif

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad