GDT: #3| San Jose Sharks @ New York Islanders | October 8th | 1:00 PM | F/W 4-0

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Fritz has been a solid contributor and the Sharks are pretty quick. Martin at this point would make more sense. Pelech/Pu;ock struggled. I guess Trotz sees if it works itself out.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Hundreds of 10$ seats on Stubhub, thousands of available tickets on ticketmaster, and these afternoon off of school games have drawn well in the past, can not imagine what the attendance is going to be like when the Isles are out of any playoff picture, they need to build this arena in Belmont fast before Malkin and Ledecky have 2nd thoughts about what they have done because I am pretty sure attendance is not going to be alot better in Nassau

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Fritz has been a solid contributor and the Sharks are pretty quick. Martin at this point would make more sense. Pelech/Pu;ock struggled. I guess Trotz sees if it works itself out.

Veterans get the benefit of the doubt, if it was solely up to performance, Fritz would still be in.

Trotz said he wants to incorporate everyone early so that they are part of the plan going forward.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Gross confirms lineup changes

In: Kuhnhackl Out: Fritz
In: Mayfield Out: Sbisa
In: Lehner Out: Greiss

Thornton is out for San Jose and like others have said, this is essentially a morning game for San Jose. I’m hoping they come out strong in the first, draw some penalties (and cash in), and try not to go on the PK four times a game (although they’ve been doing better).

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hundreds of 10$ seats on Stubhub, thousands of available tickets on ticketmaster, and these afternoon off of school games have drawn well in the past, can not imagine what the attendance is going to be like when the Isles are out of any playoff picture, they need to build this arena in Belmont fast before Malkin and Ledecky have 2nd thoughts about what they have done because I am pretty sure attendance is not going to be alot better in Nassau

Attendance in Nassau - at least for this year - will be very strong. I think with the split Barclays/Nassau this year, a lot of people aren't bothering to make the trek to Barclays knowing that they can catch them in Nassau starting in December.

I've been to every opening night in Barclays and its never been like that before.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Attendance in Nassau - at least for this year - will be very strong. I think with the split Barclays/Nassau this year, a lot of people aren't bothering to make the trek to Barclays knowing that they can catch them in Nassau starting in December.

I've been to every opening night in Barclays and its never been like that before.

Yep. Big mistake having those Coliseum games that late. It's giving people an incentive not to go to Brooklyn.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Empty.

The entire obstructed side was completely empty. I think Staple put it attendance at 12.5k or so. Really poor showing.

I blame you.

Naturally. The Cupholder phenomenon is real. My first Isles game is going to be in San Jose.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Chartier to get his first NHL goal today.

Its pretty much a guarantee that we will get shut out today. Either that or we'll light him up for 4-5 goals in the first. There's really no middle ground here.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Its pretty much a guarantee that we will get shut out today. Either that or we'll light him up for 4-5 goals in the first. There's really no middle ground here.

This team needs to manage the puck better. Right now they bottom ten in shots for and top ten in shots against.

The PK looks improved and the powerplay has the ability to be in the top ten again.

If they can play smarter at even strength, they should be competitive for a while.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
This team needs to manage the puck better. Right now they bottom ten in shots for and top ten in shots against.

The PK looks improved and the powerplay has the ability to be in the top ten again.

If they can play smarter at even strength, they should be competitive for a while.

I was encouraged by the game against Nashville. I'm not looking at any rankings yet because it's way too wild this early. The eye test showed me that Nashville had limited chances, not as many shots as we gave up last year, and we really controlled play. I think the more the systems gel, the better that could get and the tougher we are to play against. I'm bullish on us being a competitive team this year. I think we miss the playoffs, but we aren't rolling over.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

It is not going to be strong, except for the first game and of course the Rangers and a right opponent on a Saturday night I am guessing it is going to be the same old 10,esh

Edit, no Rangers at NYCB this year

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
hmmmm, either I can go to work, or buy some stubhub tickets, leave for brooklyn now, arrive by the 2nd period...........

Too much of a pain in the ass to go out there now--and in general--so I'll go to work, and just watch it on TV.....if the game were at NVMC, I think a great deal of us would be going to the game.

Can't wait till they go back to the barn

Reactions: WangMustGo

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I like Khunackel, hope he has a strong game. 3 righties on D, leddy should have a strong game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->