3 reasons I'm confident there will be a meeting of the minds within 2 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
I in the Eye said:
Does anyone know of any polls that were done for season ticket holders? i.e. How many season ticket holders are willing to wait 1-2+ years to get a salary cap?

The support % may be different than what people who basically watch hockey on TV think... and it's the season ticket holders whose opinion and support matters much more, IMO...

In my opinion it's not attendance that is important for a franchise but the corporate members. If the lockout is for 1-2-3 years the 100,000$ to 250,000$ invested for ticket , don't you think it could be not buy on other entertainment ?

Deleted member 23124

djhn579 said:
Your probably right, and the fact that the majority of fans are supporting the owners in this dispute has little bearing. Attendance has to drop at least 50% because all that's what happened in another sport.

Your statement needs to be revised, Djhn: the majority of the fans in Canada are supporting the owners, but the fans in the US do not.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
mjolnir13 said:
Your statement needs to be revised, Djhn: the majority of the fans in Canada are supporting the owners, but the fans in the US do not.

I think my statement is fine. Many in the US do not follow hockey. Those that do not follow hockey are not fans of hockey and don't really matter too much. (From the perspective that many of them have never seen or cared to go to a hockey game and never will...) But, I'm sure the hockey fans in the US are just as much on the side of the owners as the Canadien fans.

Do you have a poll showing otherwise?

Deleted member 23124

djhn579 said:
I think my statement is fine. Many in the US do not follow hockey. Those that do not follow hockey are not fans of hockey and don't really matter too much. (From the perspective that many of them have never seen or cared to go to a hockey game and never will...) But, I'm sure the hockey fans in the US are just as much on the side of the owners as the Canadien fans.

No, you are wrong. Fortunately, most have not falled for the line that Bettman has thrown out. And I can't say that I'm surprised that you say US fans "don't really matter too much".

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Russian Fan said:
Franchise value is not only when the team is for sale. Many owners use that franchise value to buy arenas & condos & tower around the building. Most often the franchise is use for other companies an owner have (example : Phoenix get an arena in Glendale & plan to build houses & condos & mall & etc....)

About the slightly profitable stuff, don't you think a team like the Leafs who did huge profit with a 60M$ payroll will make less with a 40M$ cap ? How about the Montreal Canadians who got a little profit with a 48,2M$ payroll & will go back to 35 , will it be a slight profitability ?

Well that's how I see it.
Well in this case not only did the Glendale deal have requirements to build retail areas around the arena but one of the major owners of the Coyotes is actually a developer anyway. :)

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
mjolnir13 said:
No, you are wrong. Fortunately, most have not falled for the line that Bettman has thrown out. And I can't say that I'm surprised that you say US fans "don't really matter too much".

Show us a poll that says that most US HOCKEY FANS do not support the owners...

And I did say sports fans that don't follow hockey don't matter. I was thinking of the polls that say most people in the US don't even know that there is a lockout. People that are not hockey fans and have no desire to be hockey fans, don't matter when it comes to a poll about who supports the owners or not... My mistake if that was not clear to you...

X0ssbar

djhn579 said:

I agree. Of the fans that do care in the US, the majority tend to lean towards the ownersin this dispute. Every poll I have seen, every radio talk show I have listened to validates this statement.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Russian Fan said:
In my opinion it's not attendance that is important for a franchise but the corporate members. If the lockout is for 1-2-3 years the 100,000$ to 250,000$ invested for ticket , don't you think it could be not buy on other entertainment ?

IMO, it's the attendance of season ticket holders (both individual and, to a much greater extent, corporate) that's important... Yes, I do think that they could buy other entertainment, and if I was an owner, that would be very concerning...

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
I in the Eye said:
IMO, it's the attendance of season ticket holders (both individual and, to a much greater extent, corporate) that's important... Yes, I do think that they could buy other entertainment, and if I was an owner, that would be very concerning...

That's what I said (mean) too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->