3 Predictions

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Oh, I forgot to post my 3 predictions ...

1. Bickell scores 20 goals and wins the Conn Smythe.
2. Daley scores 20 goals and wins the Norris.
3. Garbutt scores 20 goals and wins the Lady Byng.

LandofLincoln*

Just because he left money on the table, doesn't mean he has a spot locked up. He's the closest thing a tweener out of any other player on the roster IMO. (without seeing what Tikhonov and Panarin have to offer)

No way! Desjardins is a lock.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Paille is not better than Desjardins.

What are you basing that position on?

Desjardins has better possession, plays tougher minutes, and scores a similar number of points-per-60 (especially over the last few seasons as Paille has declined).
Disagree, I am basing it off of seeing the 2 players over the years. Paille is better offensively, not by much, but a noticeable difference in my eyes, is a better PKer/defensively and faster. He is about as physical as Desi too.
I guess he could, but it is very unlikley.

Desjardins was everything for us last year, and a bag of chips.
Well he's trying out for the Hawks, and IMO, Desjardins is our "worst" forward on our team on paper making less than 1mil. (based off of what others have said about Tikhonov). So it's not unlikely IMO. I wouldn't say he was everything last playoffs, he was good, but hardly a can't drop player.

It's also bad business. You don't waive a guy that took less to stay part of what you're trying to build when that guy can still be very effective.
Yeah,but to sign players and trade them is also bad business, which has happened twice this year and once last year. If Paille proves to be better, I have zero issues waiving Desi if he's the worst we have.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So, and I quote: "**** Saad" for not being loyal and going after the money, but we should treat players who show loyalty like disposable assets?

If it makes your team better, you do what is necessary. And if Saad was a 4th liner, I couldn't careless if he jumped to a different team for more money.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So the players should be loyal and take less than their worth if they're good but role players should be treated like extendable assets and chase the money?

You have to see the inherent hypocrisy in this.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So the players should be loyal and take less than their worth if they're good but role players should be treated like extendable assets and chase the money?

You have to see the inherent hypocrisy in this.
If a top 5 player on the team leaves because of a few million on a 25mil contract offer, I am going to be upset at said player. If a player who could make 2mil, settles for 1.6mil I appreciate it, but it's not as big of a deal to me.

And yes, role players, especially depth 4th liners should be treated much differently than a top 6 scorer, at least in this fans eyes.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think at this point Paille (as well as Skille, who i heard got an invite) have to knock out player on the roster with contracts out. I don't think it's impossible for Paille to send Dej to Rockford, but he'd have to be head-and-shoulders better in a role that Dejardins showed on the highest stage last year.

I think it's more likely that Hejda locks up a sub-900k contract over Barker (i heard he got a PTO as well) that ends up forcing Runblad to schelp for Eddie O--who at this point IMHO is our worst D-man (unless Stan does something dumb like re-sign Runblad, who's so washed up he should be in a Tideâ„¢ commercial)

So, my predictions:

Hejda/TVR take a slot from Runblad--who's relegated as our 7th
Bickell spends a sizable chunk of the year fetching Eddie-O his soft serve.
Shaw gets another header goal disallowed.:sarcasm:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think at this point Paille (as well as Skille, who i heard got an invite) have to knock out player on the roster with contracts out. I don't think it's impossible for Paille to send Dej to Rockford, but he'd have to be head-and-shoulders better in a role that Dejardins showed on the highest stage last year.

I think it's more likely that Hejda locks up a sub-900k contract over Barker (i heard he got a PTO as well) that ends up forcing Runblad to schelp for Eddie O--who at this point IMHO is our worst D-man (unless Stan does something dumb like re-sign Runblad, who's so washed up he should be in a Tideâ„¢ commercial)
Agreed, on both counts. Which should beg the question: Why is Bladder on the payroll?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I think it's more likely that Hejda locks up a sub-900k contract over Barker (i heard he got a PTO as well) that ends up forcing Runblad to schelp for Eddie O--who at this point IMHO is our worst D-man (unless Stan does something dumb like re-sign Runblad, who's so washed up he should be in a Tide™ commercial)

So, my predictions:

Hejda/TVR take a slot from Runblad--who's relegated as our 7th
Bickell spends a sizable chunk of the year fetching Eddie-O his soft serve.
Shaw gets another header goal disallowed.:sarcasm:

So confused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad