GDT: #3|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Toronto|50 Shades of Sutter|1/23/13|7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
You guys think Kunitz gets suspended? We saw Letang get 2 games last year for it.

This team pisses me off tonight, they played some solid hockey over the weekend, most of this game has been sloppy.

Kennedy needs to stay the **** away from the top 6, I'm a Tangradi supporter, but I'm leaning towards jumping on the "acquire new wingers" bandwagon.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
this.

the only excuse for this piss-poor call is that the refs are favoring Toronto, because i have a very hard time believing that they legitimately miscalled penalties on the Pens for most of the game.

I have a hard time believing people really think a league would intentionally favor one team over another

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
So, hitting a guy near the boards is now a boarding penalty every time.

Got it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Think it's less about favoritism and more the NHL refs are god awful.

Pretty much. My complaining about the refs was tongue in cheek. Mostly making fun of fan bases that think that there actually is favoritism and then whine about it everywhere. As long as people keep it here it is fine and part of being a fan. But these things even out to a degree and good teams overcome them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The officiating has been **** in this league for years, all the idiotic team bias conspiracies aside. Every team gets away with things, every night. We just happen to be on the short-end of the stick tonight. /shrug

You can't allow yourself to be in the position to let the officiating dictate the game. We haven't done **** at even strength regardless of calls.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Let me add, if we completely dominated the eastern conference the next couple of months, maybe Shero would hesitate making a big move at the deadline. We obviously need another winger, for Crosby ...these types of games prove that. Silver lining folks...silver lining

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
ok, why ARE the refs calling BS boarding calls on the Pens and missing obvious penalties against the Leafs?

It is not because of favoritism. That is the same kind of garbage that people on these boards spew about the Penguins, and they are all delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad