GDT: #3|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights|7:00PM EST|10/11/18|Riiiiiikooooooollaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I would almost rather Oleksiak play like Hal Gill. At least Gill was nearly impossible to get around. Oleksiak plays like he's 180 pounds...not 260.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That goal was completely Schultz's fault, he turned the puck over and the guy on the back door was his guy to cover.

I said earlier in the game that I don't think Schultz is good enough to cover for Johnson's weaknesses, but I think it might be the other way around.

Well yeah, JJ and Schultz is not a smart pairing at all. Ideally, I would rather see this as the D pairings.

Riikola, Letang
Dumoulin, Schultz
Johnson, Oleksiak/Ruhwedel

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I really dont understand the Pittsburghers who still prefer Maatta over Rikkola. I mean the difference is night and day. People have been trying to tell me he's only playing to "send" a message to the penguins and not because he's potentially a better option than Oleksiak or Maatta. Apparently they're trying to decide whether to put him in the press box or send him to play in WBS. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would almost rather Oleksiak play like Hal Gill. At least Gill was nearly impossible to get around. Oleksiak plays like he's 180 pounds...not 260.

He always has. Plays small. Little awareness.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I feel like O is doing better in the 3rd than the first two periods at least

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Florida gave away Marchessault so Vegas would take Smith.

Dale Tallon made some great decisions made in summer 2017. :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I still haven't seen a bad shift from Riikola. The closes thing to a mistake he's made was passing through the middle in the defensive zone, but he made sure nobody was around and went off the far boards to an open space for Horny to skate into it, which is some galaxy brain shit. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I still haven't seen a bad shift from Riikola. The closes thing to a mistake he's made was passing through the middle in the defensive zone, but he made sure nobody was around and went off the far boards to an open space for Horny to skate into it, which is some galaxy brain ****. :laugh:

First full game watching him. JR's guys found a gem.

Reactions: Coach John McGuirk

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like O is doing better in the 3rd than the first two periods at least
Anyone that thought Oleksiak was going to get better over night are the ones frustrated with him. He's a work in progress, I see progress.

People keep f***ing bitching about him incessantly, while some how...defending the f*** out of the slowest player on this team and likely the league at the moment, Olli Maatta.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
First full game watching him. JR's guys found a gem.
Seriously. He's shown no hesitation and no weakness in any aspect of the game. Really impressive stuff, especially when weighing him against what we've seen from Maatta.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
No, the issue is that he's forcing everything to Sid. Always has. Rust kills it with every center on this team EXCEPT Sid.
Yeah I'm not a fan of him with Sid (besides game 7 against Washington in '17). I see what he's trying to do though and if he'd make those plays a bit earlier they might work out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->