GDT: #3|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights|7:00PM EST|10/11/18|Riiiiiikooooooollaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Missing this one to attend Monsters vs Baby Pens. Hoping Jarry isn't recalled and plays tonight.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm deserting the Pens tonight and going to watch the LA Kings instead :laugh:

That means it will be a great game and the Habs will steamroll the Kings.

Get a good scouting report on LA goalie Jack Campbell if he's in. Kid looked dialed in on positioning and reflexes. Super jealous.

Otherwise. Have fun!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Really excited to see Riikola. Haven’t been this stoked about a blueliner starting his first NHL game since Letang way back.

If he’s anything like what he showed in pre-season, this would be phenomenal good fortune for this org. I’ve been hoping for years on end that they would find a mobile blueliner to compliment Letang, and he looks to check every single box I’ve wanted as well.

Feels too good to be true, so going to have to wait it out and see what happens.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Please win, just ****in' win... and do not give up a gazillion goals. PLEASE?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really excited to see Riikola. Haven’t been this stoked about a blueliner starting his first NHL game since Letang way back.

If he’s anything like what he showed in pre-season, this would be phenomenal good fortune for this org. I’ve been hoping for years on end that they would find a mobile blueliner to compliment Letang, and he looks to check every single box I’ve wanted as well.

Feels too good to be true, so going to have to wait it out and see what happens.

What if he’s so good he prices his way out of Pittsburgh.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Finally another game! Not real thrilled with these four day gaps. Hopefully we won't be too rusty in the first period.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Would you want to split up Dumoulin and Letang, though? I think they complement each other pretty well, and Riikola's spot long term is complementing Johnson on the 2nd pair IMO. I think Riikola projects to be a more complete player than Dumoulin, and Johnson needs a more complete D partner than Letang does.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I get its tough for a team like the Pens to get up for October games.

But I hope they were watching last night. The team that beat you last year beat the WC champ handily in the finals and handily again last night.

Have some pride and show the league you're still the contender we all think you are.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Would you want to split up Dumoulin and Letang, though? I think they complement each other pretty well, and Riikola's spot long term is complementing Johnson on the 2nd pair IMO. I think Riikola projects to be a more complete player than Dumoulin, and Johnson needs a more complete D partner than Letang does.

I dunno man. If they're gonna keep using Johnson as a match up and Letang as a weapon, I think there's a case that Johnson needs strong defence more than a complete player. And vice versa.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What if he’s so good he prices his way out of Pittsburgh.

We should pray he's that good. Because if he is it means he'll have kicked ass all over the place this year, and we have the flexibility to move other pieces around to accommodate him.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad