GDT: #3 Part II Devils at Oilers

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Too many old, slow pieces of trash on this team. Also our 1st line center is in fact, a run of the mill 3rd line center

Status Quo*

LOL Pete. He just NOW used the timeout? Fire his ass. Too many times this has happened under his watch.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I so want to be patient with Pete...but I wouldn't blame anyone for bailing on him after this fiasco.

This is no fiasco. If this is happening 20 games in, then maybe. We're not seeing anything different from how the Devils started in 11-12. At least that team wasnt playing Volchenkov, Harrold, Salvador, and Zidlicky all in the same game.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
honestly, i think our defensive coach (stevens) is the one to blame. i love him both as a player and as a person, but when we had larry robinson as a coach, our defense was solid. i don't think we need a D overhaul, or that PDB is to blame. i honestly think the problem lies with stevens.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Real smart Zubes.

This is typical Devils hockey since last year.
Not enough urgency nor stones to put teams away. I called it tonight at 3-0.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Brodeur should only see the ice from the bench. Pillow soft type goals tonight

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
There are teams with awful D yet goaltending has bailed them out. Why should Marty get a free pass?

Because we don't have

Crosby,Malkin,Tavares,Moulson,Hall,Eberle.

Etc.

Noticing a trend here.

We have to be near perfect each night to win....and we're too damn slow and not skilled enough to do so.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Oh man, how classic is this game guys!? After the Oilers' first goal, don't deny you didn't see this coming. I thought they'd at least get one point, so this is a bit of surprise but nothing out of ordinary really.

Which is really, really sad.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
pkUqVT2.png

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Robinson and Oates made Deboer. I am convinced of it now.

Then you got guys like Henrique and Zajac who don't do ****...step the **** up already!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad