3 on 3 Overtime

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
We have discussed this, and it has been discussed in the media, but I thought it warranted a thread, before we get deep into camp talk soon. If you had to put together two 3 on 3 units, what would they both look like. I think this will be one of the best things of the season seeing how coaches use the 3 on 3.

For me it would be

1: Trouba, Wheeler, Scheifele

* This is tough, I like Scheif with Wheels, but if his faceoffs remain low 40's and Little's remain 49-50 range, that first faceoff is so important I think you almost would need to start Little. It was between Buff/ Trouba, with Buff I almost think it would be better to go with 2 D, because he would pretty much be a forward. I think the 3 on 3 will just be trading 2 on 1's until someone scores.

2: Little, Perreault, Buff
* I know Ladd and Little go together like salt and pepper. But I don't like Ladd in 3 on 3, I honestly would prefer Perreault, Burmi or even Stafford, just based speed and quickness. I think you could honestly even maybe go Buff, Myers/ Enstrom and Little. 2 D, 1 forward for this unit.

I really think this will be tough going against Stars, Hawks, Avs. I think you may see some of those teams even go full out with 3 forwards, having the ability to have Benn/ Toews out there. I think we would match up better against the Blues/ Wild.

Thoughts?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We have discussed this, and it has been discussed in the media, but I thought it warranted a thread, before we get deep into camp talk soon. If you had to put together two 3 on 3 units, what would they both look like. I think this will be one of the best things of the season seeing how coaches use the 3 on 3.

For me it would be

1: Trouba, Wheeler, Scheifele

* This is tough, I like Scheif with Wheels, but if his faceoffs remain low 40's and Little's remain 49-50 range, that first faceoff is so important I think you almost would need to start Little. It was between Buff/ Trouba, with Buff I almost think it would be better to go with 2 D, because he would pretty much be a forward. I think the 3 on 3 will just be trading 2 on 1's until someone scores.

2: Little, Perreault, Buff
* I know Ladd and Little go together like salt and pepper. But I don't like Ladd in 3 on 3, I honestly would prefer Perreault, Burmi or even Stafford, just based speed and quickness. I think you could honestly even maybe go Buff, Myers/ Enstrom and Little. 2 D, 1 forward for this unit.

I really think this will be tough going against Stars, Hawks, Avs. I think you may see some of those teams even go full out with 3 forwards, having the ability to have Benn/ Toews out there. I think we would match up better against the Blues/ Wild.

Thoughts?

1) Scheifele - Perreault - Buff
2) Little - Wheeler - Trouba
1a) Burmi - Perreault - Trouba
2a) Little - Burmi - Enstrom

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Little - Wheeler - Buff
Scheifele - Perrault - Trouba

I think it's going to be more about who can score in the first minute over who can figure out a balance of O and D. 3 on 3 is going to be a s*** show trying to figure out how to defend and I'd rather be aggressive and use buff right off the hop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad