3 on 3 OT looks like it is coming in 15-16

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Like most folks I hate ties.

But cutting down players on the ice is silly. That's like if Baseball said ok it's extra innings let's take away one position player, or if football said ok it's over time let's play 8v8 for OT. Just silly.

But still that is better than a shootout. Just a skills competition to decide a game.

Just take everything back to a 2 point system. A win gets you 2 points and tie gives each team 1. Go to OT and no guaranteed points just 5 minutes of hockey, and yes there will be teams that play for the tie but so be it.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Like most folks I hate ties.

But cutting down players on the ice is silly. That's like if Baseball said ok it's extra innings let's take away one position player, or if football said ok it's over time let's play 8v8 for OT. Just silly.

But still that is better than a shootout. Just a skills competition to decide a game.

Just take everything back to a 2 point system. A win gets you 2 points and tie gives each team 1. Go to OT and no guaranteed points just 5 minutes of hockey, and yes there will be teams that play for the tie but so be it.

This is why I miss the old IHL. They agreed on a handful of occasions to basically test new ideas that the NHL was considering so they could be assessed under actual game conditions, rather than just jumping into something.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is why I miss the old IHL. They agreed on a handful of occasions to basically test new ideas that the NHL was considering so they could be assessed under actual game conditions, rather than just jumping into something.
The AHL had actually tested 4-on-4 then 3-on-3. That's what was originally getting voted on. This jump to just plain 3-on-3 is new and bizarre for having ignored those test results.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
It sounded like the NHL wanted to use the AHL test system of 4v4 for three minutes and 3v3 for four minutes but it was shot down by the NHLPA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad